cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is my second MC011 in 4 Weeks…

Good day,

today I’ve been hit with my second MC011 restriction within the last month. All my items are getting delivered on time and I have no active claims or cases awaiting resolve from me, yet this is what they are asking for AGAIN. What could be causing this? I’ve started moving more into selling electronics but nothing different from what I normally sell or strange enough to start another restriction. I’m getting really frustrated here… I’ve been selling for a few years now and never had any previous problems until now. I’ve been getting hit with account reviews and holds back to back just to be told I am cleared. I see this happen to sellers who make over 10k a month but I’m barely making half that. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What are they asking you for, again? Looking at a couple of your sold items there are a few that appear to be drop shipped items. Are you drop shipping some of your merchandise? 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What are they asking you for, again? Looking at a couple of your sold items there are a few that appear to be drop shipped items. Are you drop shipping some of your merchandise? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

They are asking for proof of tracking which is uploaded automatically and all claims resolved (don’t have any). 0% of my items are drop shipped, everything comes straight from my house which is where I keep inventory, and all my items get delivered for the most part in less then 5 days. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Are you drop shipping? By your feedback you are getting about shipping times it seems like it? I could be wrong. Not accusing you but that's the only thing I can think of? They probably saw a pattern of your shipping and tracking? Do you have all your merchandise in your possession? Drop shopping is not worth it and it's quite annoying to see sellers that drop ship on here using Amazon images. Not saying you are doing this, I'm stating in general.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I’m not, I had a habit of shipping things of slower than expected which was the concern with my first MC011. Provided documentation that everything was purchased and in my possession and got my account reinstated. Now I have been shipping everything in a timely manner (next day mostly) & I’ve still gotten another MC011…

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Not using Amazon images either, stock images are better than me photographing each item and more professional in my opinion 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yea, they probably think you are drop shipping by falling behind on your shipping times. I believe you that you're not drop shipping as the pictures you posted on the listings I can see seem like pictures you took yourself and not Amazon pics.

You have to be such a dedicated seller to stay on good terms on this site. Show consistency and never get behind the posted delivery windows especially starting out. When they stop restricting your account and sell again, just don't mess up on any factors including shipping times. They probably think you are a drop shipper because of that.

All the best. Don't get discouraged but don't mess up on your 2nd chance when and if they give it to you.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for the encouragement & advice, it’s much appreciated! 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

They are asking for proof of tracking which is uploaded automatically and all claims resolved (don’t have any). 0% of my items are drop shipped, everything comes straight from my house which is where I keep inventory, and all my items get delivered for the most part in less then 5 days. 

I have always considered this to be one of the most ludicrous requests eBay can make of a seller. If the seller has followed eBay protocols all the tracking information is already available to them but for some reason they are too lazy to access it themselves.

Good to know you are not drop shipping it is a very poor business model and most drop shippers don't last too long. I read your responses about the stock photo's and while I agree they often look better and more professional in some respects it often leads to the conclusion, or assumption, that the seller/poster may be drop shipping. You could always augment the stock photos with a couple of your own to help dispel that perception. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yeah, I’ve just come up with that idea as a solution since it seems they are trying to box me out lol. Once reinstated I’ll just start adding personal photos to the stock pictures as well. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply