cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Is So Wrong!

A buyer purchased a coat from me that I had listed as a "no return" . After buying it, then she decides to ask questions about the sizing (which is all given in the listing). I answer all her questions and even tell her that since it is a Friday, if she changes her mind and wants to cancel the transaction, let me know before Monday when I will mail it out. She says go ahead and send it. When she gets it, she opens a return request saying it doesn't fit. Ebay gives me the option to decline the request, which I do and the case is closed. So, then she goes to Paypal and disputes thra purchase saying the item is "not as described".  She wants me to refund full purchase including the $22.00 shipping fee plus whatever it costs her to ship it back to me. In 2 days time, they grant her the request.  So, I'm not sure that I will even get my $27.50 Ebay fee back. This transaction ends up costing me $44.00 in shipping fees plus the $27.50. When I talked to Paypal about it, they had the nerve to tell me that they strive to protect sellers rights in the same way they protect buyers. You can imagine what I had to say about that! I do believe that this has convinced me that my time has come to part ways with Ebay and Paypal.    

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

This Is So Wrong!

@jodieblue57 wrote:

A buyer purchased a coat from me that I had listed as a "no return" . After buying it, then she decides to ask questions about the sizing (which is all given in the listing). I answer all her questions and even tell her that since it is a Friday, if she changes her mind and wants to cancel the transaction, let me know before Monday when I will mail it out. She says go ahead and send it. When she gets it, she opens a return request saying it doesn't fit. Ebay gives me the option to decline the request, which I do and the case is closed. So, then she goes to Paypal and disputes thra purchase saying the item is "not as described".  She wants me to refund full purchase including the $22.00 shipping fee plus whatever it costs her to ship it back to me. In 2 days time, they grant her the request.  So, I'm not sure that I will even get my $27.50 Ebay fee back. This transaction ends up costing me $44.00 in shipping fees plus the $27.50. When I talked to Paypal about it, they had the nerve to tell me that they strive to protect sellers rights in the same way they protect buyers. You can imagine what I had to say about that! I do believe that this has convinced me that my time has come to part ways with Ebay and Paypal.  

On paypal buyer has to pay the shipping fee to return it back to you. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This Is So Wrong!

PP does not force seller to pay return shipping. And you can call up ebay and have them credit you the fee.
Personally,once a buyer opens case, I almost always let them return (hopefully on their dime). Otherwise you run into bigger problems. And on ebay you can say that since its a "not fit" return, they need to pay return shipping and you don't have to refund original shipping. You know for next time...
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This Is So Wrong!

I would suggest that you not make the buyer mad or be rude to her in anyway, because she can still do more damage and leave you with negative feedback after all that.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This Is So Wrong!

@smileytown18 wrote:
PP does not force seller to pay return shipping. And you can call up ebay and have them credit you the fee.
Personally,once a buyer opens case, I almost always let them return (hopefully on their dime). Otherwise you run into bigger problems. And on ebay you can say that since its a "not fit" return, they need to pay return shipping and you don't have to refund original shipping. You know for next time...

Thanks for the info, but, for me......there's not going to be a next time. I am ending my listings and getting out of it by year end. What's funny about all this is that Ebay would not exist if not for the sellers.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This Is So Wrong!

@oceans2323 wrote:

I would suggest that you not make the buyer mad or be rude to her in anyway, because she can still do more damage and leave you with negative feedback after all that.

I can't see that it would matter that she leaves me negative feedback since I am ending all my listings and leaving Ebay by year-end. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This Is So Wrong!

She wants me to refund full purchase including the $22.00 shipping fee plus whatever it costs her to ship it back to me.

Paypal requires the buyer in all circumstances to pay for the return.

Tell her in the Dispute to return the coat for a full refund.

If she demands more money, make sure her demand is in the Dispute, then tell her in the Dispute to return the coat for a full refund.

If necessary call Paypal about this. Their Resolution Centre is at the top of your account page under Tools.

Return for refund.

Return for refund.

It's business not personal. There are difficult customers everywhere, and this is one case where both eBay and Paypal have your back.

Return for refund.

No shipping label.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply