cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Spigot Has Shut Off

Sales went from hot to warm to cold now off, is it because people are holding back until black Friday?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

The Spigot Has Shut Off

If you are talking about sales across the internet, it could be.  If you are just talking about eBay then, I just say it's the steady decline of selling here.  Working on my 4th $0 sales day this week.  11 sales in last 8 days (6 different buyers only)  & 8 of those were on 1 day.  Oct. was a bad month, too.   If I don't have a sale today, it will mean 1 sale total in last 4 Sats.  The site is becoming beyond dismal.   Hope you & everyone sees an improvement - somehow.   🙂

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

ebay is generally dead anymore. Time to move on. Gonna milk the site for what I can this year then spend tax season looking into alternatives.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

Our sales haven't been this good for years. YEARS! We're up about 60% from last year and spending lots of time packing.

Did you check out the post we made on tips that might help?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Tips-that-MIGHT-help-sales/m-p/30385226#M1506002

Not sure what worked and what didn't. Now, back to packing!

Good luck!

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

Depending on what categories you sell, people can't find it because search and item specifics have been completely goobered up for nearly a month now.  Try checking your listings and make sure the IS's and categories are correct as there was also a major re-categorization.  My sales are getting more back to normal since I've been plodding through my listings fixing stuff.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

Ebay seems to be like, Myspace was to Facebook. We all know how that turned out.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

Hi, I noticed somebody hit your As Described and Communication stars really hard. That could have dropped you in Search. (What does your dashboard say?) It won't fully explain the drastic drop in your sales, but could be a factor.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

@domin-tomas wrote:

Ebay seems to be like, Myspace was to Facebook. We all know how that turned out.

Ironically I think Facebook has a good shot at making eBay obsolete.  Should have saved the invite I got for their new business "marketplace" platform.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

@yumalane wrote:

Sales went from hot to warm to cold now off, is it because people are holding back until black Friday?

My sales were turned back on since Wednesday.  IDK WHY some days it is nothing/nada/not even a question and the next day we are going gangbusters.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

Black Friday has been around for as long as eBay has.   Why would this year be any different from previous ones??   

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

Well, I tell ya.  I'm on two other venues and it's worse over there. 

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

@yumalane wrote:

I really don't care about black Friday, I buy what I want if I see it and never wait for a sale to buy it.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

OP, if you're talking about this account, for the number of items you have on offer I'd say you're doing fine.  One thing about being a very small seller which I can say from experience - any ups and downs will generally be far more drastic than for someone who has a lot of listings.  Also, it's easy to sell out of one or two item types that were doing well, kind of leaving you with the slow sellers.  My advice is to keep on keeping on. My sales are generally very steady but I have some slow times (over and above the mess this past several months) when sales trickle in, then go back to their usual flow.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

@ten_o_nine wrote:

@yumalane wrote:

I really don't care about black Friday, I buy what I want if I see it and never wait for a sale to buy it.

Many people wait, though - it's why it's such a big shopping day.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

The Spigot Has Shut Off

I mean this past several WEEKS, not months (I wasn't even in town for part of last month) - since the IS debacle.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 34
latest reply