cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take a Guess Who Made Ebay What it is Today ?........Sellers

Yes Sellers & Buyers Work Hand in Hand......But if There was No Sellers, No Merchandise......There Would be No Buyers.

Now Take Another Guess, Who Ebay Management Keeps Tightening The Screws on ?

Increased Fees

Less Support

Less Benefits

Inferior Payment System

Ebay & it's Payment System now has All Your Personal Data....Name, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Checking Account Numbers, Access to Withdrawal Money at Will from Your Checking Account, Credit  Card Numbers.

I Wonder if Sellers Feel Safe, from All The Hackers Out There.......with Ebay's Protection Policy ?

Message 1 of 118
latest reply
117 REPLIES 117

I'm curious.  Are you trying to blame sellers for the current state of affairs with eBay or compliment them on building up the marketplace despite the somewhat dubious policies enacted by eBay's management over the years?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 31 of 118
latest reply

No.....I was Forced.....Like a Dictatorship........I just didn't like my opposing options

Message 32 of 118
latest reply

I Built Ebay from Ground Up

You - you personally Built it from the Ground up?  Wow.

Well, thank goodness you and your hammer were here to clear the way with a weed wacker.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 33 of 118
latest reply

it is a seller's choice to sell on eBay or any selling venue for that matter..

Sellers abide by the policies and rules, terms of use,etc of any and all sites= choice

It is a seller's choice to adjust, adapt and continue on with eBay or any site...

it is YOUR choice to remain with eBay or go= YOU are NOT forced to stay here!

Ranting & raving won't change a thing...

Best to just simply move on...

Perhaps "elsewhere" will provide more satisfaction... it's all a matter of choice...

many of us have made our choice and have moved on...

there is life after/beyond eBay...

There is an online selling future> "elsewhere"...

Message 34 of 118
latest reply

Ahhhh....You're Like a Good Politician ......Every Think about Running for Office ?

How about Quoting the Complete Sentence

Message 35 of 118
latest reply

If you're talking to me.....I support the sellers 100%......We are the ones getting the Shaft......all in the name of "Betterment for Ebay"

Message 36 of 118
latest reply

I am looking for my cat.  His name is bruno.  Have you seen my cat?  I think the hackers stole him.  Btw, I don't have a cat, and no he is not missing...  I am just making stuff up, just like your post...

Message 37 of 118
latest reply

Oh Please....Managed Payments is the Worst Move Ebay has Made in Their Entire Years in Business.....I Hate it for Many, Many Reasons......But Like Most Ebay Sellers......We are Forced to Accept or Move On.......I'm Still Here...Hoping Ebay Sees The Light of Day

Message 38 of 118
latest reply

I had this same conversation with ebay support. We are the ones that made this company. If you have been around as long as I have it was us who pulled out our junk from the garage and basement to get this thing on it's feet. I agree the support is bad, at one time it was very good. I have to go through about 4 dummies before I get to someone who kind of understands, then get transferred to an expert. Any who, guess where that conversation got me? 

Message 39 of 118
latest reply

Bruno ran out in front of a car today.....Sorry

Message 40 of 118
latest reply

@carbideliquidator wrote:

Bruno ran out in front of a car today.....Sorry

But fortunately the car didn't exist, either. 🙄

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 41 of 118
latest reply

I don't have a cat, and no he is not missing...  I am just making stuff up, just like your post...

Message 42 of 118
latest reply

Tagging on posting to nobody particular.

Some of us,     Selling on ebay for 20 years or longer,    Thru good times and bad times,    Selling here Before Paypal was a thing and forced down out collective throats no matter how much we screamed and protested.  

Selling here when payment was made by check,   money orders,  cash,   and you better be prepared to wait 2-3 weeks on average to receive your payment and Lord knows non paying bidders were a daily problem.    

Selling here when Thursday night was maintenance night and ebay was shut down for 4-5-6 hours.

Selling here when auctions were the thing.   10 day auctions starting Wednesday and ending 10 days later on Saturday night.     List 100 items and sell 98 or 99 and the money rolled in.    Oh yeah,    The more auctions you ran the better the chances of a system wide shut down during the last hour or 2 of your auctions so the snipers

and last minute bidders couldn't bid.

"I tried bidding on a bunch of your auctions and couldn't get logged in"

Selling here even though the FVFs have increased however many times.     Remember when listing fees were a regular thing and not "Free" as part of a store?

Selling here even thought GTC and MPs were forced onto us against our collective will.

All of that.     All of that and more,      Some of us,   Selling on ebay for 20 years or more,    Thru all the changes both good and bad,     

Are still here and still making money.        Adapt or fade away.   

Message 43 of 118
latest reply

Regardless of your opinion there will ALWAYS be sellers.

Message 44 of 118
latest reply

Bottom Line......I have No Choice

Message 45 of 118
latest reply