cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take a Guess Who Made Ebay What it is Today ?........Sellers

Yes Sellers & Buyers Work Hand in Hand......But if There was No Sellers, No Merchandise......There Would be No Buyers.

Now Take Another Guess, Who Ebay Management Keeps Tightening The Screws on ?

Increased Fees

Less Support

Less Benefits

Inferior Payment System

Ebay & it's Payment System now has All Your Personal Data....Name, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Checking Account Numbers, Access to Withdrawal Money at Will from Your Checking Account, Credit  Card Numbers.

I Wonder if Sellers Feel Safe, from All The Hackers Out There.......with Ebay's Protection Policy ?

Message 1 of 118
latest reply
117 REPLIES 117

@carbideliquidator wrote:

Yes Sellers & Buyers Work Hand in Hand......But if There was No Sellers, No Merchandise......There Would be No Buyers.

Increased Fees

Less Support

Less Benefits

Inferior Payment System

Ebay & it's Payment System now has All Your Personal Data....Name, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Checking Account Numbers, Access to Withdrawal Money at Will from Your Checking Account, Credit  Card Numbers.

I Wonder if Sellers Feel Safe, from All The Hackers Out There.......with Ebay's Protection Policy ?

A new rant about the same thing?????

Message 2 of 118
latest reply

I feel safe enough, better than some banks records:

The only time it happened was in about February / March of 2014 Ebay was hacked.  The site was hacked.  The hackers were able to get the passwords on quite a few accounts.  However that is encrypted information and the hackers were never able to break the coding, so they never got to our more sensitive information.  So no one lost any financial info and Ebay did have some as sellers put in auto payment information for the Monthly Seller Invoice and some sellers had credit cards as a back up funding source.  But the Ebay security held up to this attack and sellers were no worse for the wear. 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 118
latest reply

You can Call it a Rant, or Anything Else........But it's The Truth

Message 4 of 118
latest reply

You can Call it a Rant, or Anything Else........But it's The Truth

Sorry, but just because you say it is so, does not mean it is the truth, it is simply your version of your truth.

ebays security record speaks for itself (message 3)

Message 5 of 118
latest reply

I think that most of the sellers who built ebay do not even come to the boards,

I think they are to busy selling

I know for sure I am not worried about being hacked.it never enters my mind 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 118
latest reply

Hackers will get into Ebay's Computer System.....and......and in it's Managed Payment System....Here & Overseas.......it's Just a Matter of Time.

Paypal was and is....a Class Act.....Never a Problem with them, and They Were Easy to Contact, Easy to Talk to.....and They Took Care of Any Problems with Your Account......and The Best Part....They Did it All.....Never Felt Unsafe with Paypal

Message 7 of 118
latest reply

Hackers will get into Ebay's Computer System.....and......and in it's Managed Payment System....Here & Overseas.......it's Just a Matter of Time.

Paypal was and is....a Class Act.....Never a Problem with them, and They Were Easy to Contact, Easy to Talk to.....and They Took Care of Any Problems with Your Account......and The Best Part....They Did it All.....Never Felt Unsafe with Paypal

Paypal is gone.   Get over it.

Message 8 of 118
latest reply

Then all I can suggest to ease your mind is to take down all of your listings and sell elsewhere that has a payment processor you feel you can trust as eBay has chosen Adyen and is not going back to Paypal.

Message 9 of 118
latest reply

If there were no buyers, there would be no sellers. The chicken or the egg.

If by "tightening the crews" you mean a fee increase, the sellers are ebay's customers not the buyers so of course if there  is a fee increase it would be for the sellers not the buyers.   The buyers don't pay fees.  As for managed payments, the fees have gone up in some cases and down in others but remain basically the same.

Yes, we do, millions of us. BTW can't any of your non-ebay accounts get hacked?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 10 of 118
latest reply

What Security Record are You Talking About ?.......Managed Payment System is Just Now being Fully Implemented ......You're Not going to Sing That Tune, When and If Ebay & it's Payment System gets Hacked......But I Guess Nobody with Big Dollar Companies are Getting Hacked Today......Right ?

Message 11 of 118
latest reply

Yes, we do, millions of us

1.3 million, not "millions."

Message 12 of 118
latest reply

What Security Record are You Talking About ?.......Managed Payment System is Just Now being Fully Implemented ......You're Not going to Sing That Tune, When and If Ebay & it's Payment System gets Hacked......But I Guess Nobody with Big Dollar Companies are Getting Hacked Today......Right ?

MP has been implemented since 2018/19 with only 6 months to go before ALL sellers are on it, so the many millions that have been on MP for nearly 2 years worldwide have reported no issues regarding hacking, but as I say, you need to do what makes you feel safe.

Message 13 of 118
latest reply

Paypal is Not Gone.......Paypal is Doing Better Than Ever Today......Go Read up on Them

Message 14 of 118
latest reply

Just because you've never had a problem with Paypal does not mean they are bullet proof. Anyone who is connected to the internet in any way is vulnerable to security breaches, including but not limited to, Paypal, ebay, Amazon, any bank, the government...

In fact, there was a huge security breach of Paypal in 2017 and another just this year a few months ago. Do a quick web search if you think I am making it up.

Again, just because you were not affected does not mean it didn't happen. And the same can and probably will be true in the future for ebay/Adyen.

And lastly, even in such a case if you were affected, do you really think all your money in your bank would just be lost in this case? Not sure if you are in the US or not but if you are do some research on the "FDIC".... If you're using a bank not covered by the FDIC, well, you are at far more risk than you would be by trusting ebay with any banking details. 

Message 15 of 118
latest reply