cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange message from a ebay member in Australia.

I received a message today from a ebay member in Australia about one of my items.

It says...

"Hello I received an email with a few hours count down .. it says seller has offered free shipping ive gone to purchase item and it says US$34.11 for postage ???"

I responded with...

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure what message you received but I don't offer free shipping, not even to the US let alone to Australia. Aloha, James"

Does anyone have any idea what the seller might be referring to?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

My first thought @inhawaii is the buyer got an email about a different seller's listing. That seller sold out, so when the buyer clicked on the listing it showed them a similar listing - yours.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

A search by that item number produces no results?????

It worked for me @ittybitnot . Try again, maybe you missed a digit.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Try again, maybe you missed a digit

@wastingtime101 

LOL,,,can't hardly miss on a ctrlC/ctrlV

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Easy to miss a digit when highlighting the text to copy. I've done it a thousand times which is why I mentioned it as a possibility, itty. 🙂

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Too much going on, but I think it is a total scam.  

I have never received such a message through eBay as a buyer / watcher that says a seller is now offering free shipping. My guess this potential buyer did not provide any back-up to this claim. 

The holidays are coming, and the scammers are working harder than ever!

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

I'm wondering, if the email was sent direct to you via "contact member not about an item", or through the listing?

Very odd. Maybe the customer confused you with someone else. With all the ads in the middle of listings it's very easy for some to get confused.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Odd one. When I look at the item it actually shows $22.06 for shipping to Australia going through EIS. My guess is the individual got two similar listings mixed up. 

Sorry to be a bit late to the party, @dbfolks166mt.  US$22.06 roughly converts to AU$34.11 right now.  I think it’s possible that the buyer mixed up the currencies or else this quote is part of the possible glitch.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply