cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my listings show up as "adult only"

I just checked my page and see some of my listings have changed to "adult only" listings that requires verification in order to click into the listing. These listings are just t shirt listings without anything adult oriented. Some are even blank t shirts. And I've had some of these listings live for years which just got tagged as "adult" today.

Can anyone confirm this when they see my store? If so, do you know why this is happening? Something that is set in the listing, or a glitch?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I can’t see any of your listings until I agreed with the term of use for adult listings.

I would call eBay. I’ve read others are having this problem too.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I looked at a few and I did NOT have the normal terms of use to agree to but I did notice that the problem may be because the size area states ADULT.  Yah I would call ebay.  Seems like a bot error.

Way to start a Monday!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I meant TYPE field is marked as Adult. You do not have the EVERYTHING ELSE listed in your Catagories so it has to be a bot error reading type of shirt as Adult. You might be able to bulk revise that just to see if that corrects your issue.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc

There have been several threads about this, it's random.

ebay knows about this glitch, but they have no timeline on when it will be fixed.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks all for your replies. I checked quickly in these boards and didn't find a post... I guess too quickly. Yea I talked to ebay and they said it's a known issue and supposedly issued out a batch to fix the issues already.

So what's different about my issue is that they thought they completely fixed mine already, but they only fixed it partially. Buyers can see my affected listing as normal (not adult only) when they do keyword search. But if buyers look into my store front page, they will see that I have numerous incorrectly tagged "adult-only" t shirts for sale. The agent confirmed this and sent another ticket out for my account for them to complete the fix and run the batch when shopping thru my store.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc

I don't recall the thread but others with the same problem, and ebay had no clue of a fix time.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Being an innocent babe re variation listings, are those "types" yours or supplied by ebay?  I mean, if "Adult/Men" is an ebay field, then that's a whopper of a glitch on top of programming a bot to look for 

"Adult" and then automatically recategorize it to the xxx section.

Would it be an absolute nightmare to go in and remove the "Adult/Men" (for example) and just use "Men" or "Women" as a selection?  That's better than not being seen, I guess.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

Being an innocent babe re variation listings, are those "types" yours or supplied by ebay?  I mean, if "Adult/Men" is an ebay field, then that's a whopper of a glitch on top of programming a bot to look for 

"Adult" and then automatically recategorize it to the xxx section.

Would it be an absolute nightmare to go in and remove the "Adult/Men" (for example) and just use "Men" or "Women" as a selection?  That's better than not being seen, I guess.

The type was manually created by me. There's shirts I have in Children sizes and like to put them all in the same listing, or add them in the listing in the near future. Yes I've thought if that triggered it too but I doubt it since I have other non-affected listings who have this same category. I also thought about the listing category I have as "Unisex Adult Clothing" (since it has the word Adult and Sex in there haha) but then again I have some non-affected listings with the same category. While I think it's not entirely random, I doubt those two things I mentioned is related to the cause.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply