cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold an almost Mint condition bag, buyer said is Filthy! asking for more than 40 % off for refund

Sold a very good condition bag which used less than 3 times for $ 75, HE made an offer for  $45. Sold for $55.  

He received the bag said theres a cigrette stink  inside , which I never smoke, Discolor on the strap. evyething he can made up of. 

Since I shipped base in  Oversea, I don't want to lose much, so I offer $ 10 partial refund , He then wants $ 25 off plus hlaf od the shipping, I asked him to take photo of the bag, He said he doens't have the phone with camera. and he wil ltry to take pic but it wil ltake a while and might not show up on photo. Basicaly He treat me as a hostage, I asked Ebay to step in , theyre advice is to communicate with the buyer..... if Insist the guy to take pic, I might worry he will dirty my bag on purpose and send it bag and I won't able to sell. 

The stupid thing is I didn't take pic inside the bag and he is using that loop hole.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sold an almost Mint condition bag, buyer said is Filthy! asking for more than 40 % off for refund

You are in HK your buyer is located where?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If you asked ebay to step in then they will just refund the buyer... because you refused to accept the return.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

extortion. I suggest you accept the return. but they pay shipping

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Buyer is claiming not as described.  If he opens a case, seller pays return shipping.  Buyer also isn't required to send pictures.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Just another partial refund scam.  This is what people do.  They know they can do it without penalty.   It's how sketchy people shop these days.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I would ask them to send it back.  If the bag is so horrible, why would they want to keep it, even at a larger discount?

You'll pay the shipping, but you'll give this "buyer" the hassle of having to pack it back up and have the satisfaction of not letting them get away with a scam.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Your listing's return policy states "No Returns Accepted" so you should refund this buyer now.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You should have photographed the interior of the bag. Now you have to either pay a partial or send shipping so the buyer can return the bag, then refund the buyer's entire payment. There are no other options.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply