cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold a sealed Nintendo game brand new and buyer saying no cartridge in cassette

I need help as this doesn’t add up.. I’ve sold a brand new sealed princess peach game made my Nintendo, purchased from a genuine shop with receipt sold on eBay as kids didn’t want it, all sealed for the buyer to say there was no game in the cassette and telling me how un happy there child was!!!! Nintendo states this isn’t possible as all games are weighed!! What happens here then as I’m clearly getting ripped off again on eBay!!! Any advice please. Thanks

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I think you are getting scammed, especially if the item was sealed. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

When you shipped it you weighed it.. When it arrives back weight it document it and call eBay. There are seller protections in place for fraudulent returns. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

"What happens here then as I’m clearly getting ripped off again on eBay!!"

Looks like you know the drill then - I guess the question you really need to be asking yourself is, do you continue allowing this?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@spikebinnie 

For some reason, I don't see a Nintendo Game among your Sold listings, so I can't assess the value. (I'm in the US.)

You don't say that a Return has been opened, but if it is and the buyer claims 'Not as Described', approve the claim. That will generate your buyer a return shipping label and you won't have to refund in full until it's back to you.

If your buyer is trying to negotiate a partial refund (to buy a cassette), that can be handled through a Return claim, too. I see several of them for sale here, so chances are fair that the buyer could purchase one.

Remain proactive and good luck, however you and your buyer proceed.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have seen two factory sealed Nintendo games (one on GameCube, one on DS), not actually have the disc / cartridge in the case after opening. This is being involved with thousands of factory sealed games over two decades. I don't believe it to be impossible to happen as Nintendo claims. Let's see the listing of the product.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It's possible it wasn't in the sealed box.

Does buyer have a lot of feedback? Made same kinda purchases? Not a new eBayer?

I go with the feedback as to whether buyer is honest or maybe not as an outcome?

Mistakes do happen at a factory.

Can ask for item to be returned or partial refund or refund and keep the item.

What kind of feedback do you desire from this sale as well?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@spikebinnie 

For some reason, I don't see a Nintendo Game among your Sold listings, so I can't assess the value. (I'm in the US.)

You don't say that a Return has been opened, but if it is and the buyer claims 'Not as Described', approve the claim. That will generate your buyer a return shipping label and you won't have to refund in full until it's back to you.

If your buyer is trying to negotiate a partial refund (to buy a cassette), that can be handled through a Return claim, too. I see several of them for sale here, so chances are fair that the buyer could purchase one.

Remain proactive and good luck, however you and your buyer proceed.

The buyer has messaged me saying no game in the cassette even through the cassette was sealed by Nintendo. It was princess peach. Asking me when the game cartridge was being sent to him even though it was sealed and that his son is so upset!! What the hell! No return has been opened yet he’s just asked for a refund out right!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I agree...anything is possible.

More likely is at some point someone took the game out and resealed the box. Back when I owned a video store we would reseal all our used product to prevent theft and help it sell faster.

Shrink wrap machines are not hard to find...

Of course the buyer could be just outright lying...who knows.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You have to take what the buyer is telling you as the absolute truth.

Ebay will.

Refund and let the buyer keep the empty box -or- accept the return and pay to have the empty box sent back to you.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

No return has been opened yet he’s just asked for a refund out right!

@spikebinnie 

Basically, you are not obligated to do anything UNTIL the buyer files for a return.   

Dear Buyer,
Sorry you are not pleased with your purchase.  Please return for a refund.
Sincerely,
You

Keep in mind as well, that you are not required to provide directions on how to file for a return.  If you just have a "tree shaker", perhaps they will go away when they discover you don't play this game.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply