cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So now we are trying to be Home Depot or Lowes?

Here I am again. So...my Turner 50's litho didn't sell for what I think it is worth. What else is new? So yesterday and today I don't sign in, start searching completed, sold, and active.

On the Active Turner for 12.99 is another Turner but a floral, not Antebellum Lady. So at the top before the 12.99 script is this: Current item (the 12.99), then Frequently Bought Together with 2 really really unrelated items. All the Frequently Bought Together Items are checked to add to my Cart with a total of? $3,200.00? Who in G's creation would purchase a 12.99 item along with a 3K painting?

There is no way any of them are similar. At least HD/Lowes has that same cross reference which is helpful. When I bought my stockade fence the =? + =? bought together showed the nails you need, the 4x4s you will need, etc. NOT items totally unrelated. $3,200? This is just insane.

And this bought together thingy not showing on all Active items I searched. Could it be those items were put in the Product Catalog to get this Bought Together thingy? About the only Bought Together thingy should show is the close match/same family to my print. Sorry, so long. But none of this makes any sense. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@abfabvintage wrote:

Here I am again. So...my Turner 50's litho didn't sell for what I think it is worth. What else is new? So yesterday and today I don't sign in, start searching completed, sold, and active.

On the Active Turner for 12.99 is another Turner but a floral, not Antebellum Lady. So at the top before the 12.99 script is this: Current item (the 12.99), then Frequently Bought Together with 2 really really unrelated items. All the Frequently Bought Together Items are checked to add to my Cart with a total of? $3,200.00? Who in G's creation would purchase a 12.99 item along with a 3K painting?

There is no way any of them are similar. At least HD/Lowes has that same cross reference which is helpful. When I bought my stockade fence the =? + =? bought together showed the nails you need, the 4x4s you will need, etc. NOT items totally unrelated. $3,200? This is just insane.

And this bought together thingy not showing on all Active items I searched. Could it be those items were put in the Product Catalog to get this Bought Together thingy? About the only Bought Together thingy should show is the close match/same family to my print. Sorry, so long. But none of this makes any sense. 

I have seen the same thing recently and thought to myself....how ridiculous.  Perhaps one buyer purchased these "suggested" items together at some point but to claim it`s "frequent"?? I wonder if anyone has purchased these suggested items by accident yet?

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree. At least the "bought with" suggestions on HD/Lowes etc actually make SENSE.

But then we've seen how miserably eBay fail at identifying "similar items" as well.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Most things "automated" or attempted to be automated on ebay don't work well...just saying.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@hillbillymedia

No. Only thing in common: the floral Turner is Active and along with mine listed in Arts/Prints. But the 3200 is a painting and listed in Arts/Paintings and only the word "Lady" in its title only. Totally unrelated. I hope a buyer doesn't assume the 12.99 is in the same ball park as the 3200 and the 12.99 may be a real expensive find lololol. Just more than nuts. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply