cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site wide Coupon Code

When was the last site wide percentage off coupon code? I don't remember seeing one at least a few months ago, right?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Site wide Coupon Code

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

When was the last site wide percentage off coupon code? I don't remember seeing one at least a few months ago, right?

There has been talk about cutting "marketing costs", they were down slightly in Q1. I'd guess those site wide discount promos are quite costly and may not produce sufficient results.

I'd rather they spent the money attracting new or lapsed buyers and those 1 day discounts don't accomplish that because they really only get used by people who are already active on the site.

There have been some eBay Bucks promos, they are probably more effective per dollar spent.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Site wide Coupon Code

Surprised more people don't complain about this.  I personally have been stacking my cart for months waiting for ANYTHING (any sort of percentage discount or benefit).  As a buyer, you get so used to just shopping over the holidays or the sale seasons anymore.  Who do you want to blame for that?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Site wide Coupon Code

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

eBay mentioned in their 4Q 2018 Conference Call in January that they weren't happy with the ROI (Return of Investment) on this marketing strategy, and that they would be cutting back on these.  The exact words were:

First off, buyer coupons -- those buyer coupons have been focused on both new and reactivated buyers as well as retained buyers to try and influence buying decisions. As Devin talked about, we pushed that spend pretty far out of the curve, and we'll be modifying data as we look out 2019 and one area that we'll be cutting back.

Wenig also mentioned in the 1Q 2019 press call that they had not been merely cut back, but removed.  His words:

As we mentioned last quarter, we entered the year with the intention to reduce low ROI marketing spend while maintaining the focus on driving positive buyer growth with new product experiences and targeted marketing. In Q1 that's exactly what we did. We removed the significant amount of promotional spend that tended to subsidize higher priced items at low ROI.

So, though there may be some special promotion that eBay does, and resurrects site-wide coupons as a part of that promotion, I think it is fair to conclude that these coupons are a thing of the past.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Site wide Coupon Code

By the way, there was a coupon ... PERKS4ME ... that was supposed to be a $3 off with no minimum for new accounts, but was glitchy and working for everyone.    I don't know if it is still working, but it worked 3 days ago for several of us.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Site wide Coupon Code

Yes, the $3 coupon code works for everyone and expires at 11:59 PST tonight, May2nd. I just used it, good on any item priced at $3.01 or higher.

Use code PERKS4ME as orange hound posted, it works 🙂
Message 6 of 6
latest reply