cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of eBay listing my sold items

I am so sick of eBay listing my sold items and having them sell again and then having to cancel the sale, refund the money, beg the buyer for forgiveness, and taking a hit against my top-rated status. I have anywhere between 1200 and 1500 listings at one time.  I can not figure out a way to do an inventory everyday - week to make sure everything is still in stock and not sold.  
If the list of sold items were available for more than 90 days it might help.  But it still shouldn't be necessary.  

I've been selling on eBay for 20 years.  This never happened before they started automatically relisting items. 

Does anyone know of a workable way of catching listings for items already sold?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I can't help you with catching them, but what I do is keep the sold emails for every single item, so that if it sells again and I can't find it, I can go to my email to see if it's already sold before. If it hasn't sold before, I know I just misplaced it.

It's happened a few times I relisted something that sold (I think in my case it was my error), but I didn't get neg feedback when I explained to the buyer it sold on this date, and was relisted in error. They don't want to hear that you don't have it or can't find it because they think you just don't want to sell it to them anymore.

C.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Happens quite frequently here, especially with listings with multiple variations,

Buyers keep buying sold items.

Why would you need to figure out a way to do an inventory everyday make sure everything is still in stock and not sold?

You would expect a 25 years old software company to figure by now, how to deduct and maintain current inventory on their own platform...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply