cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping sports cards with tracking

Good afternoon eBay Community I have recently reopened my Collectible  sports card shop here on eBay. I know that USPS has raised their first class shipping rates and I noticed that some sellers have also raised their rates. We were top rated sellers and we had to provide tracking for each package we ship. My question how do you ship a sports card with tracking at $2.70 Plus you're packing materials cost brings our total over $3. I noticed that some sellers have increased the rate from $3 for shipping a sports card to $3.50. if I charge free shipping then I have to increase the price of the item I'm selling so this is kind of a double-edged sword. The buyers on eBay like low prices and free shipping. So how do you ship a card for free with tracking and not lose money on every transaction? Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Profit is first made when you buy.    The lower the purchase price, the higher the profit.

At first my envelopes were .13 each.  Then I opened a store and now get free shipping suppies from eBay.  That reduced my cost.  The cost of the store is spread across all the items, so the listing fee is small.

I have a micropayments account with paypal.  That reduces my paypal fee (unless I make a larger sale then the fees go up).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@collectorszonesports wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Community I have recently reopened my Collectible  sports card shop here on eBay. I know that USPS has raised their first class shipping rates and I noticed that some sellers have also raised their rates. We were top rated sellers and we had to provide tracking for each package we ship. My question how do you ship a sports card with tracking at $2.70 Plus you're packing materials cost brings our total over $3. I noticed that some sellers have increased the rate from $3 for shipping a sports card to $3.50. if I charge free shipping then I have to increase the price of the item I'm selling so this is kind of a double-edged sword. The buyers on eBay like low prices and free shipping. So how do you ship a card for free with tracking and not lose money on every transaction? Thank you for your time

Are you sure they are offering tracking? 

Also, they may be hoping for multi-item purchases to offset the cost. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply