cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping fees back?

I had a buyer who could not figure out combined shipping so I refunded all the shipping fees though Paypal. Will I get my shipping fee (which by the way is ridiculous)  back from Ebay since I refunded the shipping cost? Or did I mess it up by not refunding though Ebay?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipping fees back?

Did you refund as a partial refund from the buyer's original payment?  If so you MIGHT be able to receive a pro-rata refund of final fees by calling eBay but don't count on it.

If you refunded via a separate Paypal payment, you can forget it, and if the buyer opens a return case, that separate payment won't be counted as part of the refund due the customer upon its return.

You don't have to issue a partial refund within the eBay website, but you definitely need to always refund from the buyer's own payment.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Shipping fees back?

Will I get my shipping fee (which by the way is ridiculous)  back from Ebay since I refunded the shipping cost? Or did I mess it up by not refunding though Ebay?

No. you will not get any fees back from ebay.  Even if you refunded via eBay, they keep the % they charged you for the shipping when the buyer pays for same. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply