cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious problem with orders. Is this a glitch?

Haven't had any sales for hours and im guessing whatever this is is probably why. I've had two different buyers message me. One of them claiming every time he tries to checkout it doesn't go through. And the other one sent me a message asking me to combine shipping with a picture of their order. However nothing comes up when searching the order number in my awaiting shipment or awaiting payment page. I thought you cant get an order number unless the order goes through. I also haven't gotten any notifications about the order either. The eBay rep I called couldn't figure it out either. So the buyer thinks they placed an order and even has an order number to show for it. But I've got nothing. Its been 5 hours since I got the message and nothing is showing up. What am I supposed to do?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I'm getting the same issues with buyers saying they are having a hard time paying and getting weird notes about I don't ship to them. This is a glitch for sure

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@rkbargainoutlet  

@thelongball 

Please take a look at the thread here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Buyer-can-t-pay-for-item-because/m-p/3384... 

Your accounts may be experiencing a technical issue.  In the above-linked thread, eBay staff stated,  "It looks like there is a sitewide ticket open for the issue of buyers are unable to checkout due to an error, "We're sorry, this seller does not ship to your location". I will have the Tech Board updated shortly to show this issue. If anyone is running into this they can reach out to customer support and let them know that they are running into ALERT14779 and this will have your account added to the open ticket."

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

"Haven't had any sales for hours" is an interesting variation on the usual laments here.

@thefossildepot is my new eBay idol 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@rkbargainoutlet wrote:

There is definitely an issue I just received my third email today from customers saying they cannot pay and Ebay is saying I do not ship to their address. They are regular residential addresses.

I just got one of those messages from a buyer.  But, I see the item is now paid for. so...must have just been a glitch

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Are you surprised

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@mam98031 

Maybe go back and reread. Either that or you  replied to the wrong person. I was answering the OP who said they had "two" people saying they could not pay. I would not call that "all transaction are scammers". I actually have never had a scammer n 24 years.

No I was responding to your post where you said "They are probably scammers. Ebay is working fine."

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 21
latest reply