cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Problem with Unsold and Active Listings may be Promoted Listings related !!

Hi i   just added items to use promoted listings  i closed another one

After this i went to my  dashboard Unsold    .

In there was some items i had jus t promoted . And as i started to look .So was many other items .That had already sold  .And also  there was  7-8 dulplicates of about 75-100 items. SOme 7 or 8 times .

That mixed in with  already sold items. 

And i had many many items just vanish  .I had jsut relisted all items last month  .So there wasnt any 60 days and they disapear . This has cause me a great deal of trouble and on top of it i lose all my listings from my store .And everything  is a mess .I called  2 times and  1st time no understanding much of what i was trying to them.   Just tell me to hit summary go under all lists then unsold .It was screwed up major  there as well.  

Second person was very kind and knew more . And still same thing . No help. And  what about my lost listings .

Now i have to figure out 100s of missign listins rephoto and relist on top of all  i need to get done  .

What is going on? Anyone else had this happen ? OR can help anything  im doing wrong ?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Serious Problem with Unsold and Active Listings may be Promoted Listings related !!

First off, are you deleting items from your unsolds as you relist them?

As far as the missing ones, we call them poofed listings and yes, it's an ongoing issue here. Active listings just vanish never to be seen again. They don't turn up in unsolds or even in completeds, just poof, gone.

eta: The poofed listings has been going on for years, LONG before promoted listings came along, so I don't see them as being related at all.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Wow that sounds messed up!!  Ouch.  When you do go to unsold listings, to check that the "Status" is set to "all"?  They will get hidden if they think they have been relisted and in your situation...who knows.

Now if thy are not there, then I can only make one more suggestion that may help some.  I had bunch of listings in my unsold and instead of doing a group, I accidentally deleted them all.  But even if you delete an item (and even it not showing in your unsold history), the item listing is still posted somwhere within the eBay site.  So I was able to retrieve mine by going into the "avanced" link next to the search bar.  Now if you know which items you are looking for, then type in some of the name and check mark the completed listings.  Should be able to find some of your listing to relist from instead of start from scratch.  OR if there are alot, then you check the completed listings box and then also go down to sellers section and type your saller user name.   This should bring you a list of any items that you ended or sold.  At least relisting is a lot quicker than starting over.  Hope this helps.  😕

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

There's an easier way to find ones you've accidentally deleted and that's to check the deleted link on the LH side of the generic selling page. If you're using Seller Hub, then who knows as I hear that option is one they decided wasn't worth bringing over to the Hub.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hi mam or sirs. I didnt delete anything .Im missing now 250-300 items. They just dispeared .Some was active and some  was  unsold . I just listed everything last month. So ebay  in no way should removed anything . It looks liek items i put in promoted just prior vanished . And right after  everythign was messed up. 

I always delete  everything .and us my unsold . Its always correct. Right after this there  was items sold in in also and some items listed 5 to 8 times   50 or more items .

And things i hade deleted and not for sale anymore also was mixed . Up .This is a nightmare . And look at the timing  also  .All kinds of items some just listed now gone  . Or a few weeks .  Very unfair and im suppose to pay to relist this? And my listings came with store are now wasted 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

And Thank you very much for the help im undelete now and see a few .I had to go though 37 pages of dupllicates it put in there .  And thank you for search for other person

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Sorry about your lost and missing listings and expireds.  A long time ago I decided not to count on ebay to keep things in order.

So in the future, can I suggest, make up your written part and save in a word processor such as Word.  Save all your pictures to a picture processing program like Picaso (free.)  Then if ebay messes with your listings, you can put them together again.  I've had to do it with a number of disappearing listings. 

Patd

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

25 Pages Mysteriously deleted i found .

And  many  mostly ended on 10/31     .And they was deleted  and not by me .

Thank you for help.  They are mixed with a few  sold items  but this will help.

How long do they stay in undelete   folder?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Looks like maybe 60 days. My earliest is 9/22

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ahhhh!!!  OMG, thank you sooo much for that looking2015!!  Been on here 4 years and never knew that was there (probably cause I was in but then opted out of the stupid seller hub).  Gawd, this would have been much easier when I accidentally deleted those listings.  But thank goodness, unlike the poor unfortunate OP, it was only 25-30 listings and not 25 PAGES.  I really feel for you matt266.  😞

"To err is human.  To really screw things up takes eBay."   Supposed to be computers, but I added my own flair.  Esp since over a year ago, I was doing really well and was happy with the amount I was making (not a killing...but still enough).  As it sits now, I had not paid myself since April.  Between 'Top Rated', 'Promotions' and now 'Guaranteed Delivery' changes, I now feel like I have wasted 4 years trying to build something only to have is destroyed by the company I am PAYING to help me run my sales.  OH and the "NOW YOU SEE YOU.  NOW THEY DON'T" email eBay emailed buyers on Nov 9th trying to push their 'Guaranteed Delivery' really made me po'd since I had just paid them $3 grand 2 months in a row (was so high because of Promotions...which now I don't do that either).  SERIOUSLY!  RUDE!   Sorry, off topic there.  😞

Message 10 of 10
latest reply