cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent wrong item to buyer

I mistakingly mixed up 2 packages I sold this week and my buyers received each other’s packages. Luckily both of them still want the items, so I am having them both return the packages to me and I will send the packages back out to them. The first buyer didn’t seem to have any problems, but the other buyer is telling me that it’s making them sign in to PayPal and choose a payment option. I should be paying for return shipping cost because this was my mistake, so the buyer shouldn’t be having to pay anything other than what they have already paid me. How am I supposed to go about this so that my buyer will not be charged anything?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sent wrong item to buyer

Send them a prepaid label, or send them funds to purchase a label on their own. Ask your buyer which is easier for them.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sent wrong item to buyer

Send them a prepaid label, or send them funds to purchase a label on their own. Ask your buyer which is easier for them.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sent wrong item to buyer

Make this as easy as possible for the buyer.

You can upload a shipping label to the buyer/seller messages. Or, have them start an eBay "wrong item sent" return and you can provide a label there as well. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sent wrong item to buyer

Could have had them open returns and give each the others address.

Do it all the time when I accidentally swap labels.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sent wrong item to buyer

@monster-deals wrote:

Could have had them open returns and give each the others address.

I will only do that if each buyer gives me permission to share their name and address with the other (in the form of a prepaid label).

I only swapped packages twice in my lifetime. The first time the buyers agreed to ship to each other, I sent labels and it was smooth. The second time one of the buyers flaked and kept both items - it's a risk you take.

A prepaid label is easier for me as a buyer, but some people don't have printers and prefer funds to buy a label themselves at retail. That's why it's a good idea to ask the buyer what's easier for them - you've already inconvenienced them and don't want to make it more difficult than it has to be.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Sent wrong item to buyer

Tell your buyers to tell the mail carrier to......"return to sender". 

It worked for me years ago. Nowadays? I don't know...….

latest reply