cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling: no more sales confirmation emails

Since a couple of days we no longer receive an e-mail when we've sold an item. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Our notification settings have not been changed (I checked), there are no pending incoming emails on our e-mail server.. nothing. Quite annoying!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've been getting mine but the Subject line has changed again.

Old "Your made the sale for....."

New "You got paid for....."

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I prefer a simple check on my seller hub to the olde tyme email option - they're not always reliable and seem to change their headings on the regular.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I don’t receive emails when I sell. I turned that function off in my account settings years ago because they can be sporadic and unreliable. I rely on what I see in my seller hub, there I find accurate information on what I sold. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Same here.

I figured that if ebay was so technically inept that I couldn't trust them to send me a simple email when I sold an item, I better stick with my seller hub.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It's not just eBay - email can get misdirected for a number of reasons, depending on one's email client (if they use one), settings, traffic, etc.  eBay is just the originator.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well...maybe. Funny that I've never  "lost" one from my banking or insurance agencies. Just eBay.

Just how difficult is Gmail and an internet connection? Not very.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

We do look in eBay itself to process orders, but there are several reasons why we also want the emails. We have a filter in our email client that puts ebay order confirmation emails into a folder where we can quickly check how many orders we got, which items, to which countries et cetera. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate because it's just for a few people to get a general idea of how sales are going. We don't want and need everyone to look in ebay for orders.

I checked for different email subject lines and everything (because that would throw off the filter in our email client) but there are no emails to be found anywhere...

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Update: we now get emails again and the subject line has indeed changed. Looks like there was some downtime over at ebay for a couple of days but it looks like we're all good again!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply