cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling limits

I haven't sold on Ebay in about 3 1/2 years. I want to list 4 items, which I hope will reach a total of about $1200.00. The highest any would sell for is about $550.00. As a seller with a lot of past history on Ebay, will I be subjected to any $$ limits on these items?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Selling limits

Yes, any seller who has not sold anything in 6 months or more is considered new and will be subject to limits and holds.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Selling limits

You may have to list one of them and some small stuff, and sell a few more batches of lower value items, then after the feedback and everything works through, call them and ask for higher limits.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Selling limits

I know, it sucks.  I sold on another ID years ago and am back getting ready to sell on this ID.  Just have a business plan that will work with the rules.  Besides, selling high ticket items on a "new" idea with no feedback can be a scammers paradise.  Sell some stuff from around the house or that you have no real money involved and get your feedback up and request an increase to your account.  Doesn't hurt buying things to establish yourself under your new ID.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Selling limits

Meant new ID, not new idea.  My cat broke my laptop keyboard overnight. lol

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Selling limits

@pithydesire wrote:

Meant new ID, not new idea.  My cat broke my laptop keyboard overnight. lol

Just watch out that that cat doesn't start bidding or buying new laptops!

And cat nip or cat toys, LOL.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply