cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller says not delivered, tracking says location unsafe left notice.

Buyer is saying he never recieved the item. Well he saying i never shipped it. Tracking is stating that there was a delivery attempt. That it was unsafe and a notice was left. Does that count as being delivered. What do I do? Do I just refund the measly $30 so that I don't get a defect, or try to fight it?

I asked him what local post office and he didn't respond. Should I call my local post office? Would they even know? 

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely, William 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Emerald it's not their box, it's the buyers.

I think that was just a typo.  What Emerald suggested is a good idea.

Why does the seller need to find out what's wrong with the buyers mailbox? 

Well if you are the seller, there is nothing saying you should try to find out what the problem is in the Ebay rules, but in the spirit of good customer service and the best interest of the stats for your selling account, it's a darn good idea?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Yep, just got the email confirming that it was in my favor. Could the buyer still do a charge back if he used his credit cars? Or, am I in the clear now? I've told him that like 3 times and he hasn't responded to anything. Even sent him a screen shot showing that it'll be at the post office till the 29th. I don't know why he just doesn't respond.
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

@willsfindsandtreasures wrote:

Just got off phone with ebay. The CSR said that she was going to escalate it. I didn't want her to but she did. I heard thats not always the best thing to do on these boards. She said I won in my favor, I just hope she wasn't lying.

Either way, I didn't want to do it.  I just wanted to know my options. I wanted to give the buyer a chance anyhow. Hopefully I didn't mess things up with my account.

I appreciate everyone's help! It's great to know that I can rely on more experienced sellers. 

You should get an email noting the outcome of the claim.  If it was found in your favor, your account is fine.  The buyer will not be able to leave FB, so you don't have to worry about that.  But VERIFY it was closed in your favor, don't assume the CSR told you the truth.

Wait for that email to come so you verify that it was closed in your favor.  Then make sure you put the buyer on your BBL as well as sending them an email and advise them to check for the package at their local PO.  Or put the notification they received from the carrier back in their mailbox telling them it is OK to deliver.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Yep, just got the email confirming that it was in my favor. Could the buyer still do a charge back if he used his credit cars? Or, am I in the clear now? I've told him that like 3 times and he hasn't responded to anything. Even sent him a screen shot showing that it'll be at the post office till the 29th. I don't know why he just doesn't respond.

Good news.  

Yes, the buyer could file a chargeback if they used a CC.  However that does not mean they automatically win.  Keep all your emails and tracking in hard copy form and put it in a file.  They have up to 180 days to file such a claim with their CCC.  So make sure you have everything.

Also go to USPS.com and call up your tracking number.  You will see a spot that you can fill in your email address and request notifications for what the tracking currently shows and for any future updates.  Sign up for both.  Keep those emails too.

Try not to worry about this.  You can drive yourself nuts doing that.  Just make sure you are as prepared as you can be if it were to happen. Copies of the closed claim in detail and all emails back and forth.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Buyer can open INR through PayPal so be sure to communicate to him that it is at his post office. You want to be sure to resolve cases, preferably not through CS.
It's not the end of it.

You should have waited for us to answer before calling eBay.
Message 20 of 32
latest reply

The fact that he has been totally quiet and uncooperative throughout the ordeal would cause me to think that this guy may have already picked it up but the clerk or carrier failed to do the delivered scan; and he was trying to use the Not Showing Delivered status as an easy way to a free item.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 21 of 32
latest reply

It is important to keep in mind that buyers aren't typically at their computers as often as us sellers.  They could be at work or play, but they just aren't stuck here for as much time as the sellers.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
Buyer can open INR through PayPal so be sure to communicate to him that it is at his post office. You want to be sure to resolve cases, preferably not through CS.
It's not the end of it.

You should have waited for us to answer before calling eBay.

If a buyer were to do that, not only would the seller win with the current information on the tracking, the buyer would get in trouble with Ebay for filing the INR, IF PP even allowed it to be filed in the first place.  In PP if you try to open a claim within 30 days of payment, they auto sends you to Ebay.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Well if you are the seller, there is nothing saying you should try to find out what the problem is in the Ebay rules, but in the spirit of good customer service and the best interest of the stats for your selling account, it's a darn good idea?

I do know what good customer service is. The OP also seems to know. They tried to contact the customer and came here for help. The buyer hasn't responded back.

A car came and ran over my mailbox and into my yard a couple months ago. I didn't have one for 2 weeks. Would that be my seller's  fought?

OP, you should be fine, just keep all the messages and the screen shot. You did everything you could. If and when you receive the package back, issue a refund.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

The CSR could read the messages showing you asking the buyer to go pick up their item it is at their PO because  of an issue with unsafe delivery.

That should be why it was closed in your favor, which is very good.

Let us know:)

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

I do know what good customer service is. The OP also seems to know. They tried to contact the customer and came here for help. The buyer hasn't responded back.

A car came and ran over my mailbox and into my yard a couple months ago. I didn't have one for 2 weeks. Would that be my seller's  fought?

OP, you should be fine, just keep all the messages and the screen shot. You did everything you could. If and when you receive the package back, issue a refund.

"Would that be my seller's  fought?"  I am assuming you meant fault not fought.  With that assumption on my part, I said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about any of this being the seller's fault.  You may want to revisit my posts.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

"Would that be my seller's  fought?"  I am assuming you meant fault not fought.  With that assumption on my part, I said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about any of this being the seller's fault.  You may want to revisit my posts.

Yes, I meant fault (auto correct) 

I read what you said. I'm just saying there is absolutely no need for the seller to have to call. I also didn't say you said the seller was at fault. I asked you a question. 

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

The fact that he has been totally quiet and uncooperative throughout the ordeal would cause me to think that this guy may have already picked it up but the clerk or carrier failed to do the delivered scan; and he was trying to use the Not Showing Delivered status as an easy way to a free item.

I outlined this very scenario in another thread and plumbingspecials implied such a scenario is impossible.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Yes, I meant fault (auto correct) 

I read what you said. I'm just saying there is absolutely no need for the seller to have to call. I also didn't say you said the seller was at fault. I asked you a question. 

And that is your opinion.  We just differ in opinion.  Again I NEVER said or implied that the seller was at "fault" for anything.  You and the statement in quotes which means you are repeating the exact words previously stated.  So YES I took it as you saying I had said that.  Why wouldn't I?

With that said, just because the seller is NOT at "fault" does not mean they don't or shouldn't provide good customer service.  The two are not the same thing.  

I'm glad we got it all cleared up.  We simply differ in opinion, nothing more.

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

So glad we had this conversation. Always a pleasure.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply