cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller's Location says .....

Seller's location says:  Pheonix, Arizona, United States

Pheonix ??     

I'm just curious. 

Can someone enter the name of their location and spell it any way they choose?  
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Yes they can, if they set up a flat price for shipping rather than calculated shipping.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Yes they can, if they set up a flat price for shipping rather than calculated shipping.

What does the way they set up their shipping have to do with the way they (mis)spell the name of the city they say they are shipping from?  

Pheonix???  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Calculated Shipping requires a location postal code.

But it that is correct (or at least useable) the 'bots don't judge on lack of spelling skills.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Calculated Shipping requires a location postal code.

But it that is correct (or at least useable) the 'bots don't judge on lack of spelling skills.

Hmmm ... interesting.  Thanks for the info.   

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

What does the way they set up their shipping have to do with the way they (mis)spell the name of the city they say they are shipping from?  ... 

For calculated shipping, you must enter a ZIP Code, and then the city and state are filled in by eBay based on that.  If you set up flat rate for shipping, then you can delete or omit the  ZIP Code and then type in any city you choose (or make up).

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

What does the way they set up their shipping have to do with the way they (mis)spell the name of the city they say they are shipping from?  ... 

For calculated shipping, you must enter a ZIP Code, and then the city and state are filled in by eBay based on that.  If you set up flat rate for shipping, then you can delete or omit the  ZIP Code and then type in any city you choose (or make up).

OK.  Thanks.  I have never set up calculated shipping.   I ship USPS First Class, either a package and enter the ounces, or Flat Rate Padded Envelope.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If you are entering ounces, rather than a price, for your First Class packages, then you are using calculated shipping.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

If you are entering ounces, rather than a price, for your First Class packages, then you are using calculated shipping.

Ohhh.  I didn't know that.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply