cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller beware using paypal

A buyer, had bought an item from me, and when I shipped the item. This being a few days in. The buyer contacts me on ebay, tells me he is going to reject the package, because he do not want it anymore. The package is listed in tracking as refused twice, then moved and left no forwarding address. I told the buyer, that my add clearly states that this buyer does not except returns. The buyer opens a claim on ebay. Which gets resolved in favor of the buyer. Then the buyer opens the same case on paypal which he wins. I furnished paypal with all the edivence that was given to me by ebay. How can you have a store on ebay that says,"This buyer does not offer returns" Then paypal says because the buyer, refused the package the seller has to take it back. I guess having a no return policy on ebay means nothing to paypal.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I agree with you on the policies. I have found them to be inconsistent. Have you contacted eBay via phone to explain the chain of events? So, you never received the package back? I sure hope Paypal hasn't refunded him without you in receipt of the item. Call eBay.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

wrote:

A buyer, had bought an item from me, and when I shipped the item. This being a few days in. The buyer contacts me on ebay, tells me he is going to reject the package, because he do not want it anymore. The package is listed in tracking as refused twice, then moved and left no forwarding address. I told the buyer, that my add clearly states that this buyer does not except returns. The buyer opens a claim on ebay. Which gets resolved in favor of the buyer. Then the buyer opens the same case on paypal which he wins. I furnished paypal with all the edivence that was given to me by ebay. How can you have a store on ebay that says,"This buyer does not offer returns" Then paypal says because the buyer, refused the package the seller has to take it back. I guess having a no return policy on ebay means nothing to paypal.

You are mixing up buyer with seller in your OP so it is hard to follow,

Are you saying the buyer opened a case on ebay, which gets resolved in favor of the seller

That makes sense because a buyer loses buyer protection when he refuses a package.

So buyer then opens up case on paypal.  Yes, unfortunately paypal refunds at the drop of the hat.  

A no return policy has conditions on ebay - for remorse.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The package likely will be returned to you, in due time. "No returns" refer to remorse returns ONLY. If this is a case of double dipping, there are remedies for that. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply