cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Return Rate ??

I know this is a silly question, but are the bugs worked out of this yet ?  <----try to control hysterical laughter

Another thread here made me look at my dashboard, which I rarely do, and I have a 14% return rate in Jewelry & Watches (1 out of 7).  Not having one single clue where that  came from, I investigated.

Ebay says this return occurred from 10-1-17 to 9-30-18, and I clicked on "See all returns."  I have none - zero - nada - for the past 18 months.

Dashboard also shows 1 other return (different catagory) which I do remember.  Guess what - none - zero - nada - for the past 18 months, according to ebay.

Are we're being judged, juried and sentenced on this "accurate" data ?

It's still raining, and it's cold outside - had to turn the furnace on - so here I sit, spewing my bad mood.  Bah humbug.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Seller Return Rate ??

The 14% return rate won't be counted against you when compared to your peers.  It's only 1 out of 7.  There's a minimum amount of transactions that needs to be reached for it to matter.

I sold 2 "jewelry" pieces.  One was returned.  I'm at a 50% return rate, but it won't impact me.

When you click on your Return Rate/See All Returns from the dashboard, use the little [tiny word] filter along the top.  Scoot it all the over to the right where it says Closed Returns/Replacements.  The default shows open ones.  I couldn't figure it out when I first looked at my Returns until I arrowed over.

@sharingtheland

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Seller Return Rate ??

lintbrush, thanks !!  I did find the return by using the little (tiny) scrolling at the top.  I still don't remember the return, lol, but I'm sure it happened.

So, why does the big white space say "No returns for this period" but the tiny blue scrolly things, when clicked, do show returns?    <----rhetorical question; answer is, "It's ebay."

Wish I hadn't looked; saw another $100 return that really ticked me off.  "Doesn't work; defective" for a sewing machine part that of course I said 9,347 times in the listing was for older models only, and named those models.  Of course the part "didn't work"  on her machine.  And the seller said in the return that she didn't see my 9,347 warnings and it was her fault.  

I still don't trust that "compared to your peers" part.  I'm assuming peers, in ebayworld, in this case means anyone selling Jewelry & Watches, not those that sold only a few.  So, 14% is a killer.  Hopefully, I'm being way too pessimistic and it won't hurt me.   <---see, I'm trying to put on a happy face

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Seller Return Rate ??

Nothing good can come of this. I have a 20% return rate in Antiques (both were changed mind).

That new guarantee box over our IDs they are trying out says something like - We'll get your money back for you! (from those evil sellers...)

I had like 2 returns period in the last decade before this, now I've had 2 in 3 months.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Seller Return Rate ??

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-summer/selling-metrics-and-shipping.html

Look at the FAQs under the selling metrics "What are the consequences of having a very high return rate of "Item not as described" or "item not received""

You will only experience consequences if you have at least ten requests in the line of business and your "item not described" or "item not received" rate is greater than 1 percent.

You're okay.

@sharingtheland

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Seller Return Rate ??

@lintbrush*

@sharingtheland

Hey all. And I thought this calculation wouldn't go back further than June 1, 2018? Meaning, starting the calculations beginning June 1, 2018? Unless I read the rules wrong.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Seller Return Rate ??

@abfabvintage wrote:

@lintbrush*

@sharingtheland

Hey all. And I thought this calculation wouldn't go back further than June 1, 2018? Meaning, starting the calculations beginning June 1, 2018? Unless I read the rules wrong.

Oh, oopsie on that ebay promise.  My dashboard stuff says 10-1-18 to 9-30-18, which sure looks like a year to me. 

For the first time ever, I'm in 12-month lookback instead of 3, due to lower levels of sales (deliberate on my part). 

Then, when I click on Returns, it's showing me one in 5-17 and one in 4-17.  I'm assuming that's the 18-month lookback.

You have to ask yourself how long we need to be "educated and helped" by seeing all of our returns, hence the 18-month thing?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 7 of 7
latest reply