cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Dashboard reporting WRONG info on Tracking Report

The Seller Dashboard is reporting wrong info on my Account, reporting that ONE item, deliverd two days after actually being shipped, never got a Carrier Scan.

It's been this way for two days now.

The Order Details page, which when expanded, shows Full Tracking for that item and CONFIRMS a Carrier Scan was done.

Tracking report showing "no carrier scan"Tracking report showing "no carrier scan"

Order Details showing item was deliveredOrder Details showing item was delivered

Expanded order details page showing USPS Tracking which CONFIRMS a Carrier Scan was doneExpanded order details page showing USPS Tracking which CONFIRMS a Carrier Scan was done

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@newview wrote:

It's been this way for two days now. 

eBay's information exchange with the USPS is not real-time; it is done in batches and often falls behind for days at a time.

That is one reason why eBay's monthly Seller Performance evaluation happens 20 days after the end of the month, and not the next day. 

If this were me and ...

(a) this was still a problem after two weeks instead of after two days, and

(b) I was anywhere close to being over the lat shipping threshold

...  I might pay attention to it. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I'm aware and accept that but ...

My concern is they have obviously exchanged and updated info with the USPS, seeing the Order Details page showing correct tracking info, but their own internal updating of that info from the Order Details to the Seller Dashboard (the one that matters) has not happened.

In the past, when I've seen this anomoly with USPS tracking not agreeing with eBay's recording, it was fairly obvious that the exchange hadn't happened yet. In this instance, tho ... it's internal updating that's not happening.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@newview wrote:

Yes, I'm aware and accept that but ...

My concern is they have obviously exchanged and updated info with the USPS, seeing the Order Details page showing correct tracking info, but their own internal updating of that info from the Order Details to the Seller Dashboard (the one that matters) has not happened.

In the past, when I've seen this anomoly with USPS tracking not agreeing with eBay's recording, it was fairly obvious that the exchange hadn't happened yet. In this instance, tho ... it's internal updating that's not happening.

I would not assume that the seller dashboard and the order detail page are pulling data from the same source. 

If the USPS system is like any other system I have worked on, there are different API calls to get the current status of a package vs. the entire tracking history. And I suspect the eBay system only retains the current status, and does not store a copy of the entire tracking history. 

If so, I would have no doubt that the seller dashboard relies on current status data that is refreshed periodically, because it would be too expensive (bandwidth-wise) to make a "live" call for every single item every time the dashboard loads. 

But when showing the detail for a single tracking number, I would not be surprised if a live API call is made to get the most recent data. Add in complicating factors at both ends - cached API calls, read-only data warehouses, prioritization of background processes, etc. and I can see many reasons why the two might be out of sync.

Again, this is all conjectue but I am a software engineer by trade and have designed many systems that both access and implement these sorts of API calls. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I've noticed quite often lately that their tracking on the sale and on the FB page don't show delivered even though on the order details it does.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

Again, this is all conjectue but I am a software engineer by trade and have designed many systems that both access and implement these sorts of API calls. 

I bow to your knowledge & expertise.

But I WILL be watching this like a hawk

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have the same problem, it popped up yesterday. Actual tracking shows it was delivered last Friday. eBay metric showing it never got a carrier scan.

This is the third one this month!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@sokpop wrote:

I have the same problem, it popped up yesterday. Actual tracking shows it was delivered last Friday. eBay metric showing it never got a carrier scan.

This is the third one this month!!

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue ... glad to know I'm not the only one, tho.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply