cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[][][] Scrounge Lounge [][][]

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge 

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board 17 years ago in 2003.
We appreciate ebay allowing us to transfer to the new Selling Board.
Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.
We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.
Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Message 1 of 394
latest reply
393 REPLIES 393

Kay I have a friend in NY that lost power with the storm & they just got their power back last night..  Something that was not needed what with everything else that's going on in the world right now..

I can't even get any kind of update from the po.

I know they can 'dig deeper' then I can, but no one there was willing to do it for me when I checked with them.

I checked their site again yesterday & there is still no update.  Just says package will be delivered late...

Message 121 of 394
latest reply

Package delivery does seem to be getting slower.  Of course, the new PG is doing everything he can to undermine the USPS.  I'm just glad I never signed up for home delivery of my multitude of scrips.

Message 122 of 394
latest reply

Kyal, good point. I wasn't thinking in terms of necessity. But there are a lot of people that depend on timely delivery for scrips, I know a few.

Pat, I'd ask again at the PO and if you don't get satisfactory information ask for the supervisor. If you still get no answer email or call (contact info) https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm 

Mailed 7/22... there should definitely be more info available than late delivery. Be a squeaky wheel 😉

Message 123 of 394
latest reply

Wow Pat that stinks.   Hope the package gets delivered on Monday.    Must be stuck some where.   That is crazy.     Some places the mail just seems to get lost and takes forever to be delivered.  

I never thought about scripts not getting there on time.    That would stink.    Well our sorting center had to be evacuated one day.    Do not know why.   They did not call the post offices up the line or send out a group email explaining so the post office people waited and waited for the mail to be delivered.   Finally called the place and found out no mail got sorted that day.   All they had to deliver was newspapers.    crazy stuff.   

Message 124 of 394
latest reply

It's a crazy world we're living in.  Son (who turns 40 tomorrow) felt bad last Friday; could not get tested until Monday (Idaho isn't exactly the most progressive state on the map).  Quarantined in the basement while DIL and two granddaughters stayed upstairs until Thursday when his result came back negative. Meanwhile, daughter is still working 70-hour weeks between two Louisville hospitals; including 12-hour shifts on Saturdays and Sundays because they can't get people to cover the entrances or act as floaters throughout the facilities.

In the meantime, I haven't had a haircut since mid-March, haven't been inside a box store or grocery store, haven't traveled more than 45 miles from home.  I'm too medically fragile and people depend on me.  Thank goodness I have a wife who loves me and loves to cook!

Message 125 of 394
latest reply

Thanks Kay for the link.

When I take packages to the po tomorrow, I'll try again & if the person isn't helpful I'll ask for a supervisor.

If not, I'll try that link..

This is just plain crazy that it's stuck this long.  Another week & a half & it'll be an entire month. 

Message 126 of 394
latest reply

Sun I sure hope so.  But whether I check the ebay tracking or the po tracking, all it shows is that I sent it out.  That's it.  Doesn't show it's arrived anywhere else.  Just keeps saying it's going to be delivered late.

Message 127 of 394
latest reply

Hope your son gets good results Kyal..

Sorry your daughter is so busy...

Yes, it's a very crazy world we're all in right now..

Can your wife cut/trim your hair??  That's what we've been doing...  If I do make a mistake Mr. just says Don't worry...  It'll grow back...

I am getting better at it tho... 🙂

Message 128 of 394
latest reply

Kyal & Pat, if you have the tracking number(s) on your packages, go to USPS.com then Tracking.  Put in the number and mark to receive emails on package progress.  That has seemed to break a couple of mine free.  Also, if they are more than 8 days (I think) late, you can file a loss package report.       

I would never depend on the mail to deliver meds - what if they got lost or mis-delivered.  Worth a thought Kyal. 

Message 129 of 394
latest reply

Well we are lucky we live in a open state.    We got our second haircut just last week.      I cannot imagine not going to the store and stuff like that for all this time.  I would go nuts just being stuck at home.    

Went to an auction on Saturday.    Big crowd, no masks nice day.   Pretty place with lots of shade and a much cooler day.    Guy was an electrician had tons of electrical supplies plus lots of tools.    Interesting sale.   

Sorry your dd has to work all those hours.    Sure hope they are paying overtime.  

My niece works some crazy hours too.   They have been getting bonus money for staying at their job.   Can't get new people to apply to work at the nursing home.   Hard job.   

Pat I sure hope that pops your package loose.   

Good ideas Patd.

Message 130 of 394
latest reply

Thanks for the idea Patd--

Went in & did it a bit ago.  I did receive an email from them saying 'going to be late, but on the way'.  Same message I always get when I check on it.

But hopefully within a day or so it will shake it loose...

It's just mind boggling that it doesn't even show it's arrived at a facility in Ohio yet though...

I have to go to the po today so will see if anyone can check deeper for me.  If not, then will see if I can talk to a supervisor....  Very frustrating.  Luckily the buyer is very understanding as she knows it isn't my fault..

Sun, glad you got out.  Almost all the  stores here require masks to be worn in their stores.  Safer, at least a bit, that way...  It's honestly not a big deal to me to wear one.  We don't go to that many places though.

Mr. hasn't been able to go to an auction since all this started...  Needless to say he misses going...   Some weeks he would go to 3-5 of them...

Message 131 of 394
latest reply

Pat, if the buyer starts to get antsy reassure her she'll get the package or a refund and/or make sure she knows you're following up. It sounds like she's understanding. Hopefully she'll hang in there. 

Salons opened here about a month ago. DH has had a haircut. I cut my own hair awhile ago and am in no hurry to pay salon prices when kitchen scissors did the trick, lol.

A few things are still closed, the only thing I (sometimes) miss is indoor dining, mostly because it's been so hot this summer. There are days where sitting outside, even with the shade of an umbrella or awning isn't enough to feel comfortable. But overall it's not bad. 

Message 132 of 394
latest reply

Morning

Man we had a terrible storm go through here early evening yesterday ....  Black sky, winds 70 mph & tornadoes. 1 poor lady was killed, while laying on top of a child to protect him....

Downed trees all over.  Some without power.  Roofs torn off.... 

Lasted about an hour in our neighborhood...  

Message 133 of 394
latest reply

Kay, when I was younger & had long hair I used to cut my hair also...  I think back then only older women went to beauty shops...

I can also remember all the girlfriends getting together & "ironing" their hair !!  Wanted it long & nice & straight..

Ahhhh.....   The things we did when we were  young ! 😀

Yes, so far she's very understanding...  She knows I'm checking several times a day for any updates on her order & she's saying she knows it's not my fault.

End of next week will be a month since I mailed it to her...

Very frustrating.... 

Message 134 of 394
latest reply

Beware, eBay has NOT adjusted delivery times beyond the initial "one day added for Covid delays" and sellers are constantly complaining about refunds being issued while items are still in transit sitting somewhere.

I'm working hard to build my off site sales because eBay is failing to address ANY issues with the site.  Sellers and buyers are leaving, I'm not going to be the one turning off the lights.... LOL.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 135 of 394
latest reply