cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge for NOVEMBER Happy Holiday Sales All!

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge November 2018 Edition

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

October Thread Here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-October-2018/m-p/29034645#M1295879

Message 1 of 160
latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Nice sale Justy 🙂

That's a great Idea PatD.  Thank You 

Kay wow!  Some people really are creative!!  

I'm going to have to give it some thought.

We give Ethan $, but I'd also like to give him 'something'...  Like a tee shirt he wants.  That's what we did last yr. $ & a tee he wanted.

OS bought it & I paid him back & wrapped it.

I think I have the little ones done.  Got each of them a toy & an outfit. 

Last yr. the DIL's were upset that I didn't get them paper towels, of all things!  So I got them each a bundle of Bounty towels.  Need maybe 1 or 2 more things for them, plus the $ we give them.

Mr. is getting a new flannel shirt & I'm getting socks!  Lol !  Don't really need anything.

As for both sons, I leave that up to Mr. to come up w/something.

Maybe a coloring book ! Smiley Very Happy

Need to try to get a few more listings ready for today.

Has been really cold here.  We only got to 22 yesterday & very windy.  Too early for this stuff 😉  We even had snow the day before...

Is it April yet??? !!!

Message 46 of 160
latest reply

Pat, only because you mentioned a shirt...

aef8e5193a9310b9db7c0ebc41313530.jpg

Message 47 of 160
latest reply

It is FREEZING! I finally broke down and turned the heat on.

Had three auctions end today, all with bids, woohoo!

Reminder: post office is closed tomorrow.

Message 48 of 160
latest reply

Sorry the cold weather got to your house Kay. Glad the heat is working anyway. Great on those auctions.

Auction today was wonderful. I bought a carload of stuff. Still all in the car. Worn out from carrying boxes. My friend got a pickup load too. I helped her with her boxes also. My goodness what a difference a week makes.
Message 49 of 160
latest reply

Love those successful auctions. Picked up a new pot-filler faucet last Sunday at auction for $4; sold it today for just under $100. Looking forward to more of the same!
Message 50 of 160
latest reply

Congrats Kyal. Nice ROI.

Sun, so glad that the auction this week was a success. May those boxes turn a lovely shade of green!
Message 51 of 160
latest reply

@kaykakfs wrote:
It is FREEZING! I finally broke down and turned the heat on.

Had three auctions end today, all with bids, woohoo!

Reminder: post office is closed tomorrow.

Apparently nobody told eBay, multiple posts again where eBay was expecting shipping to be scanned on a holiday.... what a bunch of clowns.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 52 of 160
latest reply

Wow!  Sounds like you hit the ole jackpot Sun!  Wtg Girl !  & your friend also.

Kay, Wtg to you for your sales!!  Sounds like your back in the listing & selling saddle again 🙂  TY for all the great ideas on $.

Kyal, Wtg to you also!  Sounds like a great return on the Pot Filler!!

Dtex--on mine, it shows me shipping the "14th" !  weird...  Tomorrow is the 13th, not the 14th.... 

Are you guys getting the New label printing page?  I don't really care for it.  Bad thing is, unless I'm completely blind I'm not seeing where you can change the shipping date....  I sure wish they'd leave things alone...

When something sells on a Saturday & it's "after" my post office has closed, I'm no longer able to change the shipping date to a Monday...

I know I could be looking right at it, but I sure don't see it..

And I tried to go back to their 'classic' shipping label page, but when I click on it, it says not available ( or something like that. )

So frustrating....

Message 53 of 160
latest reply

bottom of the page you can change the date it is right beside the pounds and ozs. you can switch back to the classic view of the page also. that is at the top right side of the page.
Message 54 of 160
latest reply

Hi All...Nice ROI on the beautiful lamp! "I" think it's pretty special. I'd buy that for a buck or 5  any day all day, what a steal! GFY

Ditto on the fires and 'stupid voters' in CA, and now AZ. I can't even believe that. In fact, I don't believe it. People don't vote with overwhelming numbers for a R GOV and then vote in a marxist for senate. It makes no sense unless the illegal population has quadrupled and it probably has, since my time there, prolly 20 years now. 

Message 55 of 160
latest reply

Congrats on the comeback sales, Kay!
Cute moolah ideas. I love the candy box full of bills. I'd have no problem eating the candy first.
Message 56 of 160
latest reply

Oh welcome to the freeze zone. Stay cozy. I am so happy my furnace has a new blower and the washing machine is spinning faster than ever before lol
My x Stavie's DOD was on Veteran's Day "oberved" 9 years ago, so he and my parents are always on my mind on Veteran's Day...and I forgot about no postal service, but only had a dime to "SHIP"...Last night sold a lot of pennies so will be getting those ready today.
Message 57 of 160
latest reply

Nice Haul Sun, for you and your auction friend. Does she sell at one of your booths as well?
Message 58 of 160
latest reply

Kyal. I am not familiar with those fancy schmancy faucets so had to look. Very nice looking and nice return!
Message 59 of 160
latest reply

Interview went well, Friday, then was invited for dinner last night to meet the residents, that was fun and went well too. Just a matter of time now, I think! 

Message 60 of 160
latest reply