cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers on eBay

Beware of scammers on Ebay. They have zero ratings and offer an unusual bid for an item. I sell coin books for $15.97. A scammer will bid $25 and then request that I ship the book with some gift cards to another address. I counter offer $100,000 and they go away. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Scammers on eBay

Let me guess, they're "in the military", "deployed", and want you to contact them via cell text message?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Scammers on eBay

Correct 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Scammers on eBay

Always worth reminding about this old and not well enough known scam.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Scammers on eBay

Why bother replying? Can you not just ignore and block? 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Scammers on eBay

I got one of those "gems" when I first started this little eBay adventure back in October(ish). If I recall correctly, they wanted an Apple gift card sent with it. I reported it to eBay and they responded that the "buyer's" account had been hacked and someone else was using it to try and scam people. I guess they had gotten ahold of the real account holder, who confirmed. People will try anything. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Scammers on eBay

@dennyc94 

Most here are familiar with scammers and scam attempts.  Especially towards new sellers who are inexperienced.  So many fall for the scams only to be robbed of the item and their cash.  It's epidemic on the Ebay and all e commerce sites.  Thanks for the heads up for those who are unaware.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply