cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammer Caught red handed on Ebay And They do nothing.

I received four notifications from eBay that different coins that were shipped were never received and want a refund. So I checked the list and they were all the same guy from different days in a 2 week period. That was the first red flag coins only take 3 to 5 days I've been doing this for years. Why would he still be buying if he never received the first ones.

So I figured he's a competitor already gave me four points as a defect rate for my store. Now going to try to slam me with four negative feedback to ruin my 100%. Totally sucks not the thing to find out first thing on a Sunday morning. So I checked his store and yes he has a lot of Lincoln's listed. Not sure if it was enough to prove anything to eBay but. I was looking for the coins for sale and one caught my eye. A 37s Lincoln and the 2x2 card the coin is in was stamped. Red flag number 2 when I do coins I card 10 of each. When I did the dates in the 30s I stamped and numbered them.

So I opened my store up checked my sold items. Found the picture of the one he bought and I'll be dammed. He has for sale the one that he never received from me. Well let me tell you I have pictures to prove it. And actually the FBI has the crew that investigates this stuff. So luckily with a little bit of investigating I'm going to take this son of a b**** down. He almost got away with it cuz most the coins I use a stock photo they're all the same from the same role. I can't use stock photos for the 30s that's how I was able to catch him.

I don't know how long he has been doing this or how many people he's actually done this to but it's going to stop now. Sucks that it happened to me he almost devastated my store and a account especially 4:00 on a Sunday morning but this could happen to any one of you these people are coming out of the woodwork. I was lucky to catch him in the act especially with pictures to prove it. So be careful you guys I don't want to see this crap happen to you. Worst thing is Ebay wont let me report him or do anything. They already have funds on hold from me. Ebay has never helped their sellers out .  I'm screwed again from them.

That's ok I will be posting this all over the internet. More detailed tho with the pics and all info on him. Plus I reported him to the Cyber Internet  Fraud Team.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Do you have tracking showing the coins were delivered, that's all Ebay cares about.

I guess you're using that cheap Standard Envelope?

I'd pay a little more for shipping with better tracking then that has.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Unless the guy is actually stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars, good luck getting anyone to actually investigate. It's a "feelgood" thing people do, reporting scammers. They don't care unless it's big money. eBay doesn't really care either, because the seller is the one paying for it. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Let me begin by saying I know less than nothing about coins and the selling or buying of them.

However, I DO understand eBay's information quite well.  If ANY seller finds that ANY buyer has opened an item not received case and there is tracking proving that the item, ANY ITEM, was received by the buyer, the seller simply uploads the tracking # to the case opened by the buyer and that's it.  Finito.

However, if there is NO tracking proving delivery, and the buyer opens an INR case, the seller will be required by eBay to REFUND THAT BUYER.

All of your posturing etc, although borderline interesting, has absolutely no relevance to the situation of an INR case.

Sorry.  

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I've followed the procedure and been paid for INR claims, even after the seller has been NARUed/

Even after they have refunded earlier victims. The Ebay buyer guarantees appear to work when you follow the procedures, but they are not fast acting.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Have to refund if there was no tracking. I understand the situation. eBay will give you demerits if you don't refund. That could makes things worse.

Inexpensive items I don't use tracking myself. If no tracking then buyer played you.

Block the buyer of course. Hopefully, it wasn't a lot of money.

I got played a number of times....I just refund and move on.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I wonder if using "eBay standard envelope" for shipping coins/cards ect would help you?  You are provided a tracking number.  There is more information about this under eBay help. I have not tried using this service since most of my items are larger. Just a thought.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@catjewels9876 wrote:

I wonder if using "eBay standard envelope" for shipping coins/cards ect would help you?  You are provided a tracking number.  There is more information about this under eBay help. I have not tried using this service since most of my items are larger. Just a thought.

The Standard Envelope does come with tracking, but you get what you pay for.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

This is what happens when you don't ship with tracking, you get robbed! People in general are not honest, ebay is proof of that. You have no choice but to refund, or get hit with cases closed not in your favor.

Besides getting ripped off, you now have to worry about those INR's coming back to haunt your service metrics too.

However, if you believe your buyer is in fact reselling your same coins they claimed to not have received, I would definitely press ebay to take a closer look.

Just to note how dishonest people are, anytime tracking doesn't update as delivered on ebay, 99% of the time the buyers will open INR's claiming they never received it, even though tracking clearly shows they did.

My rule of thumb is to never list anything for sale that I cannot afford to purchase tracking for.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

20 years ago, I sold a vintage men's 14kt gold wrist watch on eBay.

It had a curved scratch on the lower crystal, and, an odd scratch, small, on the back, by the lettering.

Shipped it in a padded box, which I put into a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope.

Showed Delivered to Buyer's address in Las Vegas.

Buyer sent pics of a ripped open envelope. 

Alleged it was missing contents. No notice from USPS.

I refunded $350 and resigned to never selling another gold watch on eBay.

My 'gut' bothered me.

For 2 weeks, I searched this brand watch, in Las Vegas.

Finally, my watch showed up.

Same town, same zip, similar User Name as the Seller.

Exact same scratches in exact places.

I reported the Buyer. Did all I could.

I am still out the $350.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

What is an INR case

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I used to sell old silver coins and hated it the buyers are so bad like the one you had. In fact I had the same thing happen to me years ago he claimed never received but he had my coin for sale in his shop. Probably these guys are ripping of coin sellers for free inventory. Sadly the same he got his money back. And as a result I stopped selling coins altogether. I find the stamp collectors a much happier bunch with less problems so I stick to selling stamps these days. I hope you can do something for the dishonest reseller stealing stock from honest sellers. This behaviour is no good on ebay.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@williamyett_0 wrote:

What is an INR case

INR = Item not received

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 14
latest reply