cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

Do you recognise this? Is this a scam? 

I received this message from an unknown number from telegram: 

You do not need to pay a registration fee for this service. It is unlimited work anytime, anywhere without interrupting your current activities. Give me 5 minutes and you will get today's salary

Now I will give you 1 simple test task that will take only 5 minutes, complete it and you will get $5 bonus. Although this is a trial job, we will pay you $5 as a reward for understanding the workflow.

All you have to do is add the items to your eBay cart (you don't have to pay an entry fee or buy anything) and provide me with a screenshot. You get 5-20 USD for each task. and you can earn more up to 250-300 USD per day in your spare time.

Click the "Add Product to Cart" link below and send me a screenshot: 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Product link: www.ebay.com/itm/386594822216

You don't need to buy anything, just add the item to your cart and send me a simple screenshot.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Scam

It's gotta be a scam, but I'm not sure I see their angle.  Tough to say what they would get, unless they do something like requiring you to pay to receive your "money" (which you would likely then never receive).

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Scam

That should be the company:

Rockford Group

32 Rockford Drive West Nyack, NY 10994, United States

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Scam

@domi.dou_96 wrote:

...because that is the way all legitimate businesses advertise... 😂

That 'company' address is simply a suburban house. Whether or not they are really behind that spam message the whole idea makes no sense at all.

What they will gain from you is your email address when you send them the requested screenshot (not clear if that Ebay listing really has anything to do with the spammer - it could be any listing at all) and your bank account info when they ask you where to send your supposed 'salary' payment.

Just ignore and delete. You will not get rich but you may get phished.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Scam

Yes that is a very common scam.   It starts like that and over time they ask for more and more info.    Do not reply to it.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Scam

@domi.dou_96 wrote:

You don't need to buy anything, just add the item to your cart and send me a simple screenshot. 

From @lacemaker3

lacemaker3_6-1713702536595.png

Attn @eburtonlab 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Scam

Yes as others have said it is a "task" scam. In addition that link goes to a old used fitbit for $300..you can get a new one for half that price. Sounds like a scam all the way around.

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Scam

@domi.dou_96 

Total scam! 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Scam

Sounds like an updated online shopping version of the classic pyramid scheme.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Scam

If you find yourself wondering if something is a scam, chances are pretty good it is a scam.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Scam

Stay away from this.................

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Scam

The classic "If you have to ask..."!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Scam

Your instincts are correct.  It is a SCAM.  If you have already given them some info about you.  Get busy and change your passwords on anything you gave them.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Scam

What a great opportunity to get something that is unlimited work anytime. Go for it.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply