cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving or Storing Ended listings

So it takes alot of work to come up with a listing - the photos, the verbiage, finding the right box, etc. etc. etc. Sometimes you want to run it for awhile then, if it doesn't sell, lay it aside for a bit. Until I knew there was a 90 day limit, I lost a few listings and the time that went into them.

Then I read you can have a large number of drafts - like 1000 of them. So I thought, this is the answer, and moved everything I wanted to save for awhile there. Now I understand from the weekly chat that these drafts are only good for 30 days. So rather like out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Is there an answer for this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

i save text of Title and Item Description on a word document along with the original photos in a folder marked with the items name..that folder goes in a folder on my laptop which says Ebay Items..

its old fashioned it works

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ebay made sure it wasn't easy anymore by eliminating turbolister. Personally, I believe their goal in doing that is to monetize it, like they are doing with everything else. I do expect they will offer something similar in the future, probably connected to the hub, but they will charge a subscription fee for it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@paramiti wrote:

i save text of Title and Item Description on a word document along with the original photos in a folder marked with the items name..that folder goes in a folder on my laptop which says Ebay Items..

its old fashioned it works

This is okay as far as it goes, and I have thought about doing this. But what about all the specifics you have to check off, size and weight options and all that? I guess you could make notes on your word doc.  Sounds like alot of work.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

Ebay made sure it wasn't easy anymore by eliminating turbolister. Personally, I believe their goal in doing that is to monetize it, like they are doing with everything else. I do expect they will offer something similar in the future, probably connected to the hub, but they will charge a subscription fee for it.

I don't really know anything about turbolister, I guess it was before my time Cat Tongue

But I'd probably be willing to pay for listing storage, as long as it wasn't too costly. I'm a downsizer, so I'm a pretty small fish.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There are paid programs out there that will store your listings. Inkfrog I believe is one. Maybe other posters can provide more.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

$9/month. Maybe.

I haven't sold anything in almost 2 weeks, and was generally selling 2-5 items a week. I guess I'll have to give it awhile for all this chaos to shake out and then see.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply