cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales were great.............now they have totally disappeared!

Sales were great.............now they have totally disappeared!  Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

I'm pretty sure this is how ebay works. A boom and bust cycle. Last year our holiday sales were brisk. This year sales were pretty bad (sold more in a slow summer month than in November!). Then right after New Year, they picked up again.

The message is - don't get comfortable.

Message 61 of 88
latest reply

I definitely feel your pain!!  It use to be that I would sell 5-10 items a day up until a month ago, what is even stranger is the last month I double my number of listings. Now the only consistent pattern is that I sell 1 item every 4 days. YES....there is something definitely going on with Ebays algorithm and unexplained changes have been made! YES...I am aware of all the excuses that people are throwing out there, and does have somewhat of an impact on sales! Yes...its also very bizarre that this pattern just happened very abrupt over night!!!!! I have noticed when I go on as a buyer most of the top listings are New listings (a lot of China) and Auctions. I know the saying "the more your listing, the more you selling" seems when I stop listing I will get more sales, WHO KNOWS, so think I'm just gonna idle for a while, while Ebay is throttling!  Happy Sales to All!

Message 62 of 88
latest reply

In the category I sell in, I am seeing eBay Managed Payment sellers owning best match search.  One seller last I counted had over 50 listings, in the first 100.  Not sure if that could be going on in other categories.

Message 63 of 88
latest reply

Hello congrats on doing so well. I beg to differ though. I sell a lot here and when one sells a lot of the same products year after year one does get a lot of sales data to reflect on.  

The numbers just do not add up. I have tried everything ebay has recommended to increase sales to the level I should be receiving.  

Right now if nothing changes I will be loosing $100000.00 in sales in 2019. Quite likely more. 

I have been doing this for some time. For me it's a business not a hobby.

I started this year with well over a 30% increase in sales and now in the busiest time of the year for me I am over 30% below last year sales.

Ebay is the reason sales are down.

Message 64 of 88
latest reply

Even my promoted listings can't generate sales!   What is going on?

Message 65 of 88
latest reply

@getitright1234 wrote:

Even my promoted listings can't generate sales!   What is going on?

I believe that Promoted Listings are only promoted within eBay Listing Pages.  They are not promoted on other search engines or other websites.  So if buyers aren't going directly into eBay, they won't see promoted listings. 

Change the channel!
Message 66 of 88
latest reply

I am so disappointed in not having my sales back to what they were.   Its like the faucet has been turned off abruptly.   Yes, I am referring to my other selling account.   Is anyone else in the same boat?

I watch other sellers and some of these followed sellers seem to be immune from slow and/or abrupt stop in sales, wish I knew their secret!

Message 67 of 88
latest reply

Not one sale the entire past week and no feedback either. Things just keep getting worse.

Message 68 of 88
latest reply

going through the threads I am now wondering if it is the catalog deal ebay is using now......

Message 69 of 88
latest reply

Sometimes it seems like any work can be scary!

See pictures.

(As the description)

Message 70 of 88
latest reply

The catalog for items is a great deal of the problem. If you do not have a catalog number as all antiques and collectibles do not, they will not be seen on a google search and I was told that by ebay. So your only visibility is on the ebay site alone.This is why sales have gone down so badly for these categories. Ebay needs to address this!

Message 71 of 88
latest reply

So what about used clothing and shoes,  are those sellers in trouble as well.  I usually tweet, pintrest ,and facebook my items, so that should drive buyers to my store.  It feels like something bigger is wrong with eBay. 

Message 72 of 88
latest reply

Hi yes I have 1000 items listed at really low prices and it's been over a month. It says that 150 million people veiw your products a month. I should be having a few hundred sales a month and i have less then 50 serving doesn't seem right. Can you explain or help if appreciate it. I sell makeup and purfumes for buy it now listings and they can offer me certain prices also and something doesn't seem right. I dont have any bad feed back either what is going on makes me want to cancel everything and try a different company like Amazon.  It just doesn't seem reasonable considering how many items and over 100 listings. New items too. What is going on do you know ?? Thanks 

Message 73 of 88
latest reply

@sunshinebeautygifts1981 wrote:

Hi yes I have 1000 items listed at really low prices and it's been over a month. It says that 150 million people veiw your products a month. I should be having a few hundred sales a month and i have less then 50 serving doesn't seem right. Can you explain or help if appreciate it. I sell makeup and purfumes for buy it now listings and they can offer me certain prices also and something doesn't seem right. I dont have any bad feed back either what is going on makes me want to cancel everything and try a different company like Amazon.  It just doesn't seem reasonable considering how many items and over 100 listings. New items too. What is going on do you know ?? Thanks 

2 quick helpful hints.

1)  It's perfume, not purfume.  You've spelled it incorrectly in every listing.

2) Do variation listings for your other items and then put "Pick Color" or something like that in your title.

3) (Okay, one more)  You're in a very oversaturated category and you need to stand out.  Take better photos and don't use the floor rug.  Don't know if that will help but it can't hurt.

4) (I just can't help it)  Check out the prices and all of the rules on A; it's tough there.  And I'm not sure if HBA is a gated category, meaning you have to jump through lots of hoops to get permission to sell there.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 74 of 88
latest reply

I also noticed one thing. I have little sales but not from US. More of them are from Europe. Before it I had more sales from US and less from Europe. Why it is so I cannot understand.

Message 75 of 88
latest reply