cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales suck!!!

I don't know what's happened to EBAy e in the past few weeks. My sales, if this was an ekg would show a flatline!! Whereas I used to occasionally have a flood, now I have not even a trickle. Terrible. I'm wondering if the politics on tv are holding people's attention!! Usually, I notice when there are big headlines in the news, my sales slump. I miss those few dollars income here and there. Now not here nor there!!!
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Sales suck!!!

Yes the ebb and flow of certain times of the year is normal. This isnt. This is Ebay. It happened to us in fall 2014. We branched out and I am glad i did, because it didn't recover. I dont expect it too either. Its becoming silly now. Sales on my other venue are slower then the old ebay, but 6 times this site. And I read the posts every day, it seems to span all types of items from high end to low, from clothing to toys, to almost everything and every type of item people sell. Maybe the scan catagories, one at a time, and turn off sellers. Then move on to the next catagory, because it doesnt seem to hit all sellers at once. It will eventually, unless you are chinese junk or big boxers.

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

@unclepeete wrote:
I don't know what's happened to EBAy e in the past few weeks. My sales, if this was an ekg would show a flatline!! Whereas I used to occasionally have a flood, now I have not even a trickle. Terrible. I'm wondering if the politics on tv are holding people's attention!! Usually, I notice when there are big headlines in the news, my sales slump. I miss those few dollars income here and there. Now not here nor there!!!

Make sure you blame everything but things you can control and change.  Try to be more honest with yourself.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Last month sales in March for me were fantastic. Last April 2015 were super as well. This April my sales are horrible and almost dead. Maybe ebay doesn't like us anymore or people aren't buying

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

My FBook is not connected in any way to our ebay account. I had looked at a local FBook page, and for sometime after, our items on ebay showed up as ads on my Facebook page!! Ebay advertising our items to me!  Now that's weird!!

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

@lindyslucky wrote:

My FBook is not connected in any way to our ebay account. I had looked at a local FBook page, and for sometime after, our items on ebay showed up as ads on my Facebook page!! Ebay advertising our items to me!  Now that's weird!!

Yeh, mine does the same thing.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

For all the nay sayers that it's the sellers fault all the time and not Ebay's - once and awhile take a look at downdetector or similar sites and read the comments - Ebay is continually having problems.

I have not been able to log on with IE for 3 days now - the other servers are fine - but here are some of the things going on with not only the Ebay PC site but with the mobile app. Apology accepted.

http://downdetector.com/status/ebay
Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Everytime ebay makes a change to their search engine, that just cuts out more sellers and it seems to affect the USA sellers more than the Chinese sellers.  I just searched my fav category and the Chinese popped up first with their 1000's of negative and then the USA sellers with TRS comes in at the bottom, if they are even listed at all.  I put my store on vacation, moving, but it was just too slow to continue, left my web store open and the other E store open because when they buy, they actually pay immediately.  Ebay is close to being on the cutting floor of my sales, going to figure it out after we move and then I have knee replacement looking at me.  Ebay is sort at the bottom of my barrel concerning problems.  Darn though, I lived for years getting up early just to see what had sold, now tskkk, I sleep late

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Hmmmm.  Could it be that with the "New Policies" for sellers, that more sellers, who are also buyers, have had some punitive action taken against the seller side of their account.  This would in turn make them so angry they don't buy anything on ebay either??

eBay needs an enima

jack-nicholson-li-joker_372087.jpg

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

I've had the same issue. I just tried to buy a hoodie from a seller and asked her to turn off the pay now so I can buy it and pay on Sunday. It has yet to switch completely. It popped up commit to buy n when I clicked it, it went to the pay now screen. Now it's back to pay it now. They're clearly having technical site issues. Can anyone suggest another site I can sell gently used and new designer fashion? I started doing this to supplement a $450 a month income I lost. If this keeps up I won't be able to even do that. What are they doing?!?! 

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

More likely has to do with the lack of listing promotions.  I have to much stuff so tried selling here.  The idea was really just downsizing.  Somehow accidentally ended up being top rated.  

Ironically I end up buying someone elses "stuff" when I sell mine!   So much for the downsizing idea.  Smiley LOL

I don't want to open a store, I already work two jobs.  Ebay is just fun for me.   I laughed when I read the comment about getting up early to see what might have sold, so true!   

Somehow I was getting a free listing promo on a fairly regular basis.   With the changes it looks like maybe those listing promos are a thing of the past, so with a limit of 50 in a month I will have created saved listings that will age away before I can relist.   So, obviously not even thinking about creating any new ones.    

The more I list, the more I sell.  The more I sell, the more I end up buying is the point.   I don't think I am alone.  Less sales = less spending.  

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

My sales have been horrible the last 45 days. Uffdda!!!!!

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Finally got 3 sales after almost 10 day drought. Every month I can depend on sales right before I get my eBay bill.

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

@unclepeete wrote:
God is my source.
eBay was part time income for me. As I know it probably won't hurt their bottom line-- FOR NOW--, but certainly this company won't thrive with its numerous seller changes, driving people away, closing accounts
Almost on a dime, all because of fickle buyers, scam artists. As soon as I can finish up my inventory, im looking for an alternative way to make money.

You might price more competitively - your items are priced at twice what others are lsiting them for and your lesportsac bag is $100 more than most others listed right now. Other items dont appear to be in good condition either for the price you are asking or for resale.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

After 2500 Feedbacks and over 10 years doing business all the sudden sales in last 4-5 months my sales have gone to zero.

I've supported Ebay by investing many thousand of dollars and now thousands of dollars are just sitting in inventory.

What is going on, this is more then just a protest from ebay wanting to rates fees.

Ebay got greeding I believe!

If I don't get a good answer I have no choice but to leave Ebay.

Bob

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

I think part of the problem is that more and more folks have become sellers.  I notice this at my local swap meet.  Same people every Sunday checking prices on their phones to see if what they buy can be listed online for a profit.   Sellers are looking up prices on ebay so there are fewer and fewer "good" deals.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply