cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLERS BEWARE - BIG PROBLEM with Promoted Listings / Sorting Price Low to High / Best Match!!!

Oh, I have been selling on eBay for years facing problem after problem but this one tops it all!!!

I just got off the phone with eBay and got the same old story..... They will look into it! First they are hearing of it.

I have had no sales for days and the last few months have been horrendous. I lower prices, promote - stand on my head - Nothing.  So while searching for my own item this is what I found.

My item is priced at $19.95 with free shipping. (free people red bra 32D)

When I searched (Best Match) shows my item in 9th position and again as a sponsored item in 13th position (last)

I then change my sort to Price Low to High and this is the order of the items I see (which are NOT LOW TO HIGH!)

13.45 (free shipping)

9.99 (5.99 ship)

26.95 (4.95 ship) (SPONSORED)

19.99 (4.99 ship) (SPONSORED)

19.95 (free shipping) THIS IS MY REGULAR LISTING

(MY SPONSORED ITEM DOESN'T EVEN SHOW UP WHEN I SORT PRICE LOW TO HIGH) no clue why?

So, fellow eBayers even if you try to compete and lower your prices to try to place you're price in the lowest position, don't bother, sponsored ads are smack in the middle of the list. 

WHAT WEBSITE IN THE WORLD DOES THIS????

When a customer wants to see the lowest prices first but then sees a higher price how would they know there are lower prices below that? if they don't look? It's confusing and down right wrong to do to a buyer, never mind the SELLERS. 

I'm no genius but this is simple coding and needs to be addressed immediately.

If they can't handle promoted listings correctly, they need to put it on hold until they can do it right!

So, fellow eBayers search a few of your items Best Match and then Price LOW to HIGH.  I'm curious to see if anyone else found this issue or is it just me?  

I thought I would share - thanks for reading and good luck everyone.  Selling here has never been this big of a  challenge and it's getting harder by the minute.  We shouldn't have to be doing their work - finding their problems!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

SELLERS BEWARE - BIG PROBLEM with Promoted Listings / Sorting Price Low to High / Best Match!!!

The sponsored posts rise to the top because they're sponsored, even if the item is out of the sorting order, or the wrong size or color or whatever.

Buyers are sick of them. And you can get rid of them with an ad-blocker, so apparently some of them are doing that.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This is common knowledge. Its all part of the screw sellers with higher fees plan by screwing other sellers with horrible placement and worse search. It screws buyers out of a an easy shopping experience. Its sheer brilliance.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply