cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Listing - Unauthenticated

So I just want to make sure EVERYONE knows who sells here that eBay can and will pick/chose at times to pull your items if they deem so. So if there is a competitor that sells items that are the same as yours or similar, he can just flag your items and eBay will pull them even if their already sold (preventing you from the sale) AND not allow you to relist them either - based on a simple click by a competitor. This is going on right now with me and it affecting my livelihood, creates a disgusting untrustworthy environment for selling on eBay, and eBay doesn't want to help and said no comments can be made further? Also eBay was absolutely wrong about why they did what they did and can't undue what has been done, and I'm left with: "no comments can be made further on the situation" - as a upset seller?? What in the f**k?

Can someone explain how this policy doesn't infringe on the fair trade policy ? This is corruption

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@yuzuha 

This is the common type of response I get but your wrong.

An algorithm will do whats it told if you alert it in the correct sequence. We're figuring out and have almost got the entire sequence with a 65%-70% probability, but you need multiple legit sellers flagging specific higher end items in specific categories. ( This isn't based off 1 person flagging 1 item, its not that easy to remove a listing. You have to know how their algorithm works to understand how to manipulate it.) Also being a buyer removing a listing is much easier and that probability is much higher, which we'll be looking at last.

Also would a video of this being done be enough to prove this to you? (That's also happening and will be presented) I assure you it can and has been done ever since they've allowed users to flag items. Your probably a normal legit seller just like I was until this happened to me. (Hence my strong passion for exposing this loophole)

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@yuzuha 

@gtmstores 

@inhawaii 

@pjcdn2005 

Below is a list of headlines from (YouTube) of ebay sellers explaining very similar things that have happened to me and to them.... when a listing gets taken down from fake flagging or too much oversight from ebay's algorithm (which is the first defense in flagging violations).

The point here isn't that we all had the same experience, the point I will be eventually getting to is how the eBay algorithm can be manipulated to flag items with the "authenticity" claim and how it is being abused today. Also how you can coordinate this "method" into a ring of people to use for whomever's advantage. Videos of this will be coming but Check out the headlines below if your interested

Ebay Exposed! Secret Counterfeit Squad Randomly Removes Listings - youtube

Ebay Removed It, Because THEY Said It Was Fake?! No Explanation Why! - youtube

Forced To Remove 100's Of Our eBay Listings - youtube

Ebay Removed My Listings – youtube

Ebay Removed My Listing What's Next? - Counterfeit Item Violation! – youtube

I got an Ebay VERO Violation! Here's What Happened… - youtube

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

This subject isn't for anyone that has tunnel vision and looks at one singular transaction or flagging that's failed. If you have no interest that's great, move along. The compiled information above helps to back the method that will be released on video of how to manipulate ebay's algorithm for taking down listings based on fake flaggings. All of these videos show when a listing gets taken down for the wrong reasons, but ill be adding to it by how to control that.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

Here are some headliner recent lawsuits against eBay on the federal level, they are not above the law

1) https://www.ecommercebytes.com/tag/ebay-lawsuit/

A Massachusetts couple subjected to threats and other bizarre harassment from former eBay Inc.

2) ebay-to-pay-3-million-over-harassment-case-that-included-sending-live-spiders-and-cockroaches

3) eBay to Pay $59 Million to Settle Controlled Substances Act Allegations

4) The U.S. government on Wednesday sued eBay accusing the online platform of violating the Clean Air Act and other environmental laws by allowing the sale of several harmful products

5) eBay will pay a $3 million fine over former employees' harassment

@outfittersupport 

Except for #3 and 4, the others are all the same suit involving the Steiner’s, a journalistic couple who run a website reporting on ecommerce. What happened to them was a bizarre travesty that eBay paid dearly for. The former eBay employees went to prison.

As for #3 and 4, in eBay’s defense, remember, it sells nothing. It is a venue, not a retailer. It was fined for actions committed by its sellers. eBay will always be behind the 8 ball when it comes to criminals trying to use its platform for nefarious purposes. But those two specific issues (sales of pill presses and auto devices) have now been rectified.

None of these examples you proffered as evidence of— what, bad faith on eBay’s behalf?—  have anything  to do with violation removals. If anything you are a victim of eBay’s now over-zealous policing of possibly suspicious activity.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh 

Yes those examples are supporting evidence that eBay has internal issues, which add to the overall picture that's being presented. Supportive information. You can pick apart what I'm saying all you want but make sure your open minded enough to understand the entire picture, also read the full thread and you can find a few violation examples your looking for...   (not to mention searching redditt, facebook, youtube for a lot more)

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

@fashunu4eeuh 

Yes those examples are supporting evidence that eBay has internal issues, which add to the overall picture that's being presented. Supportive information. You can pick apart what I'm saying all you want but make sure your open minded enough to understand the entire picture, also read the full thread and you can find a few violation examples your looking for...   (not to mention searching redditt, facebook, youtube for a lot more)

I always read the entire thread.

What i see in yours is a resistance to anyone with an opinion different from your own. 

Finding blogs and YouTubers to support one’s position is not evidence. Those are  anecdotes. The internet is littered with them. On the whole, I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories. 

The truth is that, as eBay is not transparent in its rule enforcement, you are only guessing at how your listings came to be flagged as violations. And without seeing what listings were flagged, and reading the unredacted messages eBay sent regarding the removals, no one here can evaluate for themselves whether eBay acted in bad faith or not.

You make no bones that you have an anti-eBay agenda and feel you were grievously wronged by them. You may well have been. But thus far i see no hard compelling evidence of it. In discussions and threads like this, it seems more likely that rules were indeed broken and sellers sanctioned because of it. That is seen regularly in the forums.

Every so often, it is apparent that innocent sellers get inadvertently pulled into eBay dragnets and unfairly sanctioned. It happens. eBay is a global corporate behemoth, it is not perfect by any means.

In conclusion, this i know and have seen firsthand: eBay reserves the right to remove any listing for any reason. It manipulates Search results. It has the ability to hide listings. It enforces its rules hither and thither, often in a scattered and uneven application. It is not transparent. It protects buyers first and foremost, often at the expense of its sellers. Sellers bear all the risk. It charges a Final Value fee on shipping and taxes too. Etc. Etc.

I can live with it. The benefits i receive selling here still outweigh the risks.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

If it's on YouTube, it must be true.

You know they make those YouTube videos for one reason and that's to make money.

Have a great day
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

So I just want to make sure EVERYONE knows who sells here that eBay can and will pick/chose at times to pull your items if they deem so

Exactly what "fair trade policy" are you referring to, and does it apply to eBay? 

The eBay user agreement states that they can pull any listing for any reason at any time. 

"we reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion"

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

Can someone explain how this policy doesn't infringe on the fair trade policy ? This is corruption

Because when you agreed to sell here, you agreed to eBay's terms. 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@kensgiftshop 

@luckythewinner 

@fashunu4eeuh- I don't need your validation to do or know anything, take a look in the mirror, your conceded and speaking back to someone who is claiming they can do something that shouldn't be allowed on eBay and wants to help fix it... Thanks for the bad argument but no thanks

(Just so everyone fully understands a physical person from eBay isn't removing the listings were testing, its there bot algorithm that can be manipulated by normal eBay users in a sequence of events which will be presented.)

HOW ARE WE PROVING THIS?

Volunteers have came forward to help solve this problem. All of us are willing to attempt to solve this problem and test what has been talked about inside a controlled environment. We all want to solve this because its been a ongoing issue that intermittently effects eBay sellers.
Listings are being created of specific items but they have no violations on the listing, these are volunteers that knowingly waiting for that item to be flagged by another one of the volunteers. Finding that specific items CAN be removed from "false" flagging (even when the items are 100% authentic) but were finding that you need many users flagging specific items in certain ways. Were also finding out the differences of "false" flagging as a seller and as a buyer.

It doesn't matter to me, you know what could matter to you? What if a handful of normal eBay users were able to take down specific listings based on fake claims? When this video is released and shows how to do that with a high %, what are you going to say to that? Would you prefer this method lives on?

Your acting like what were doing wouldn't be helpful to bring to eBay to strengthen their algorithm so this is not allowed to happen anymore, so quite honestly I could care less what you have to say - were doing eBay's work for them. The whole reason isn't to argue with anyone here, but to show everyone it is happening to eBay sellers intermittently  and were attempting to fix it.  - its well under way and the work will  be presented.

"Ebays not perfect, you have no bones here, yada yada yada"  << That's cute and your also entitled to your opinion, you wouldn't happen to sell any laptops, high end sports memorabilia, high end perfume,  or designer clothing would you ? You'll see once released, thanks for the responses

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

The whole reason isn't to argue with anyone here, but to show everyone it is happening to eBay sellers intermittently…”

Then why are you?

Your thread is veering from one subject to another. It’s devolved into put-downs so i am withdrawing from the thread. I hope you find what you are looking for—good luck in your efforts.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

Here are some headliner recent lawsuits against eBay on the federal level, they are not above the law

1) https://www.ecommercebytes.com/tag/ebay-lawsuit/

A Massachusetts couple subjected to threats and other bizarre harassment from former eBay Inc.

2) ebay-to-pay-3-million-over-harassment-case-that-included-sending-live-spiders-and-cockroaches

3) eBay to Pay $59 Million to Settle Controlled Substances Act Allegations

4) The U.S. government on Wednesday sued eBay accusing the online platform of violating the Clean Air Act and other environmental laws by allowing the sale of several harmful products

5) eBay will pay a $3 million fine over former employees' harassment

The Steiners thing was years back, just because Sixty Minutes re-aired the story a few months back doesn't make the incident "recent". But the Internet Lawyers still love it. Life is such a big injustice if you use the internet at all.

As I recall a few ebay rogue employees were caught and prosecuted big time.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh 

Why are you, is the better question? (While fully knowing now what the intent of this is all about)

I'm a person that will answer to everyone that asks (with an open mind) but I will not back down to anyone that is attempting to stop or question REAL TRUTH from being exposed. You'd have to kill me before I'd ever stop doing something that I passionately know is right (preventing eBay's system to be manipulated in this case).

( If you could meet me in real life, your words would be completely different because you would be seeing what were doing but that's not the case, so take what you want with a grain a salt and stop yourself from writing useless paragraphs that add no relevance to this situation.)

Message 27 of 27
latest reply