cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder we saved you from buyer harm

do they still send out those reminders via ebay messages telling you we saved your selling account from harm by not allowing an unscrupulous buyer from leaving negative feedback to your account? remember those?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm pretty sure they don't send those any more.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I thought for a minute I might have been such a good boy that I was not receiving them..

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Last one I got was for a so called hacked account they supposed protected me from not a negative.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@daneiac wrote:

do they still send out those reminders via ebay messages telling you we saved your selling account from harm by not allowing an unscrupulous buyer from leaving negative feedback to your account? remember those?

Not sure if I got it via eBay message but I probably did since that's the way we are told *emails from eBay are authentic, but I got one email from eBay back on 6/4/2015.  

The subject said: 

Here's how we protected your selling account.

It went on to thank me for consistently delivering excellent service to my buyers and then it described the steps they took to protect my account.  

They automatically set 1 of my detailed seller ratings to 5 stars and prevented 1 MBG request from being opened too soon.

I can't figure that out because after that I never received an MBG request ever, at any time, from anyone.  
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@daneiac wrote:

Yes I remember, although I doubt if they have done that for a very long time. FB is not as important now, as it was then to our acct standing.

What they could do now to provide *some* protection for sellers is to prevent buyers from opening INR claims when they never paid  and stop allowing buyers from marking items on the sellers page as "payment sent". 

That would be a vast improvement:)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply