cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remind me again that all SNAD returns must be accepted.

I've just spent the entire day writing a draft response to a buyer and a rebuttal to ebay for a SNAD claim filed against my partner.  How could I have done that?!  It is just $35.  The claim is not just circumvention of his no return policy or just shifting shipping costs, but it reveals an intention to return the buyer's old unsellable damaged bat  for my partner's newer bat.   The buyer attached a photo of his bat showing damage that could not have been the result of what the buyer says happened in the claim.  What have I been drinking?  Do I really think ebay would look at the photo and think "does this follow from what the buyer said"?  Do I really think ebay will compared the bat in the buyer's photo to the bat in the listing?  They won't will they?  What an idiot I am.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Do I really think ebay would look at the photo

There would be no point.  Both parties could provide endless photos of bats, but they don't prove what was sent or received.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

So sorry you are and your friend are being yet another victim of theft and fraud from a dishonest ebay "buyer". Smiley Sad

Unfortunately it is the risk we all take by agreeing to ebay's terms and selling here. When it goes good it's great, but when things turn sour ebay is not there to support sellers in any way, shape or form.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mycheaperstuff wrote:

I've just spent the entire day writing a draft response to a buyer and a rebuttal to ebay for a SNAD claim filed against my partner. 

What an idiot I am.

You are not an idiot.   But, most sellers on this platform have a difficult time coming to terms with the returns posture (and policies) of eBay ... eBay's return policies are the most liberal/generous in the American marketplace simply because eBay can tolerate endless returns without loss.  Every other retailer has their limits, but not eBay.

eBay has decided to take a posture of very liberal returns because it will overall increase their profits without any of the downside costs of returns - they enjoy the upside, and sellers must bear the costs.

So, the next time that someone buys a can of paint from one of us, paints their walls, and then claims that the color was a shade different than what they saw on their computer screen ... well ... then eBay's liberal return posture is to force the seller to refund the buyer (OK, maybe not this bad, but it will be).

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I’m probably not telling you anything you don’t already know, but the situation is this: the Money Back Guarantee is only for the buyer’s benefit. In it, Ebay has the customer’s back, not the seller’s. It is important to know this, as well as how to navigate a SNAD claim, so a seller can best look after his own interests. Having a No Return policy is meaningless when a SNAD is opened.

Ebay considers these “faulty” returns a part of the cost of doing business here, leaving very little assistance for sellers caught up in one. But there is a process for appealing eBay’s unfavorable decision. It is said they will review the pictures (and supporting documents) you have at that time.

Below is a link on how to file an appeal.

Good luck to you and i hope things go much smoother for your partner and you soon.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/appealing-decision-seller?id=4369

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are NOT an idiot.  

Just frustrated and  you have every right to be.  I know this doesn't make you feel any better, but I am sorry that you are in this situation.

No, they won't compare the pictures.  

You did what you felt you had to do, under the circumstances.  

Maybe the buyer will change his mind and never return the bat.  It could happen.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply