cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds

I sold a factory sealed box of baseball cards to an Oregon address. One day later I was told that the buyer requested a refund, and he had not even received the item. Reason (It didnt fit) Ebay said that I had to refund his payment. That is so stupid.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Refunds

does not fit is a remorse return I think...not all returns qualify for not as described

I would wait until the cards are returned before you make a refund

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Refunds

Is that the reason, I couldn't wear my Jeter card yesterday? Yeah, " it didn't fit"??? Boy that reason is lame indeed.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Refunds

Reason (It didnt fit) Ebay said that I had to refund his payment.

@tastesgood 

If you accept returns, you accept returns for any reason.  If your buyer actually chose from the dropdown menu "didn't fit",  you can accept the return and the buyer should have to pay for return shipping.

HOWEVER

If the buyer chose a "not as described" reason from the dropdown menu, and put in the comments "didn't fit".  Then you have to accept the return and send a return label (on your dime) for the return. 

Since the item hasn't even arrived yet, you may wish to contact the buyer and ask them to close the return if perchance they filed on the wrong seller since the item has not even arrived. 

OR

You can call ebay CS again, and maybe get a rep that has some sense AND the tools to help you out.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply