cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Deductions on Returns

I noticed the ability to deduct funds from a refund on an open return disappeared from my return dashboard for any given item. I started noticing it since about the end of Summer. I am a Top Rated Seller (Not Top Rated Plus). 'Top Rated seller' is the only qualification to have this perk (as of the date of writing this post). Thank you for replying!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

My understanding is the qualifications are TRS & 30 day returns (regardless of buyer or seller pays return shipping)

Did you use the deduction option a lot? Did you get your privellege revoked? My understanding is it's a seller protection but still a privellege ... one that if over used will get it revoked...

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If one does a refund it usually comes out of "available funds" immediately by eBay.

Refund deductions on returns I assume would be immediately on your "available funds".

Not sure if this was your questions.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

If one does a refund it usually comes out of "available funds" immediately by eBay.

Refund deductions on returns I assume would be immediately on your "available funds".

Not sure if this was your questions. 

No, they wasn't the questions.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@tele_fission wrote:

I noticed the ability to deduct funds from a refund on an open return disappeared from my return dashboard for any given item. I started noticing it since about the end of Summer. I am a Top Rated Seller (Not Top Rated Plus). 'Top Rated seller' is the only qualification to have this perk (as of the date of writing this post). Thank you for replying!

If the return was for NAD, I don't believe you can deduct anything.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Where does it say you're a TRS?

There's nothing on your feedback page or listings showing you're a TRS.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

TRS is not the only qualification to this seller perk. You'd have to be TRS and offer (at least) 30-Day Returns - or- you'd have to be a seller offering Free Returns.

I don't see TRS on your profile, nor do I see that you've sold using Free Returns. As of now... you don't qualify.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I only used it when customers opened a new item, or returned it damaged and unusable.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

the problem is that customers use this feature too freely, even when the part matches the listing description 100%. Oh what an unfair world it is for sellers on eBay...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I am currently on "below standard" because there was two cases that were resolved in my favor, however they don't reflect back to TRS until the next evaluation. Otherwise I maintain TRS and 30-day returns rear-long.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I am currently on "below standard" because there was a couple cases that were resolved in my favor, however they don't reflect back to TRS until the next evaluation. I disagree with this process as the seller status should fairly be adjusted immediately. Otherwise, I maintain TRS and 30-day returns rear-long.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply