cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about how buyers can use coupons

I just created my first private coupon and chose to sent it to a buyer group( 10% off  for previous buyers More than 31 days ago). Do buyers get alerted of these coupons only by checking email or do they get the alert directly through Ebay's system? How far back does Ebay go sending these to buyers from more than 31 days? Obviously if you have been doing business for years you will have hundreds/thousands of past customers.

How do these coupons stack? They stack with any current sale going, correct? So if I have a 10% sale going, the buyer can save 20% total  with the private coupon applied, right? 

What about if I have a store wide public coupon of 10% ... can they stack the 10% private with the 10% public?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Coupons do not stack with a sale discount. The discount comes off of the regular price and only one coupon per purchase.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ok I just found this on Ebay's site:

"You can stack coupons with markdowns and shipping discounts, however, coupons are not stackable with other promotions such as order discount and volume pricing."

They seem to say that you can stack a coupon with a sales markdown or am I misunderstanding this?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It also says:

"If several promotions are running concurrently on an item, your buyers will get the best discount. If an item has a Best Offer or Offer to buyers, the offer takes priority, and the coupon cannot be applied."

I think we need some clarification from the mothership.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anyone else with knowledge of how this works?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Anybody?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ok well I see not that since the public coupon is a code as well they should not stack. I've never done a public coupon so googling how it's done and seeing it, I'm sure you can't. BUT you can stack with a sale.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply