cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Advice Please

I admit I'm stupid with technology.
But you shouldn't have to be a tech wizard to get ebay to take more of your money.

Okay so I wanted to do a promotion, kicking an extra 5% to eBay.

I go to Marketing
I go to Promotions
I get to Creat a New Campaign

I hit Select Listings in Bulk
I select all - over 2000

I get this option which I have no idea what it means: I’ll upload my listings in a CSV file

So I ignore that and choose Download and that opens up some Excel sheet which I've never used before. And it apparently wants me to put my 5% in over 2000 times, individually.

So, I put it in a couple hundred to test. Try to save it. Won't save.
I do a Save As and save it but then ebay won't upload it.
So another waste of time.

Why is it so complex?

All qualifying items, 5%...
Simple. One might think.

Anyone got some advice on how to do this without bothering my kids again?
lol

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Promotion Advice Please

not sure what you did, but try again, this time select promoted listings, not promotions.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Promotion Advice Please

@iart  First of all, are you sure it was Promotions and not Promoted Listings?  They're two different promotion formats with eBay.  As for the CSV file, that is bascially a database and it opens in Exel.

I have run both Promotions and Promoted listings and never been presented with the spreadsheet approach to adding any % ... not sure if what you are doing is correct.

Perhaps the issue is you are selecting the "Bulk" choice instead of the "Select individual" listings.  I use the Individual one and simply go down and use the check boax by each item I am adding ... I think there is also one of those master check boxes at the top of the list to do all of them which I think is more what you want.

Anyway, just a little spreadsheet assitanced, int eh % column you can type "5", then in the lower right hand corner of that sell you can move your cursor over it and a little "+" symbol appears, click and drag down the page and the 5 will be copied to all cells you cover ... when you get to the bottom of the list or as far as you want to go just release the cursor and the cells will populate with the 5 ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 3
latest reply