cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Not Promoted?

I have some very popular products at the lowest prices, but they’ve been hidden for the most part since April, 2018. Sadly when I’m promoting, IF a buyer comes to my store they get to buy them. 

Just this morning, I picked a few that ARE promoted. Not even the listing shows up, much less the promotion. A company I purchase from is about to pull all products from eBay because of this. 

Sad buyers are paying way too much because they are not offered my low prices.

Does anyone have any experience on how to get this straightened out?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes it is. Thank you!!!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your lack of detail makes it kind of hard to answer....
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There are a few issues that could be causing this. We do need more info tho.

As an example, I listed a ceramic Christmas tree. When I listed it, ebay suggested putting it in the music box category. It never showed when someone searched "ceramic Christmas tree" because eBay only shows the ceramic Christmas trees that are listed in the category "artificial trees". Mine was in "Music boxes" 

It can just get ridiculously complicated.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

some things can go in 2 different categories.

Let's say I have a set of Mikasa barware. Do I put it in the category

Pottery and Glass>Glass>Glassware>Contemporary Glass>Mikasa

or 

Home and Garden>Kitchen>Dining and Bar> Glassware

or

Collectibles>Barware>Pourers , Stoppers?

Each will return for different searches. If the buyer is searching "Vintage Collectible Cocktail glass"  mine might be an option if it is listed under the Collectible Barware category, but not show if I list it under Pottery and Glass.....

If I do a search for "Mikasa" mine may or may not show up based on what category I put it in..... it just makes my head hurt.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It’s easy to look for these products and the title itself tells it all. For instance, Bella Taylor Gatlinburg Patchwork Quilted Handbag. I’m not about to use two categories. The only benefit there is they stay hidden and I pay even MORE just to have a listing in two categories.  If I get lucky, then it gets sold and promoted listings gets their cut, but did not work for it. It’s also not fair to buyers not to show the lowest prices. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

my point is that it can easily be in the wrong category.

Or you could have words in your search that eBay uses to not show your listing to the right buyer.

I listed my ceramic Christmas tree with a music box. I put that in the title, and eBay's search weighed "music box" heavily and wanted it in the category "music boxes" they also for search purposes classified it as a music box, more than as a Ceramic Christmas tree. 

If you searched "Ceramic Christmas Tree" you were not shown my listing for "Ceramic Christmas Tree with Music Box base" but had I listed it as "Ceramic Christmas Tree" and not mentioned the music box built into the base, you would have been shown mine.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your feedback. That’s my goal just finding out why. When I look at other sellers with the same item, we are all in the same category.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I found this using the search term you provided.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bella-Taylor-Gatlinburg-Quilted-Patchwork-Handbag-Red-Green-Black-CLEARANCE...

That's yours, isn't it?
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes it is. Thank you!!!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

OK, well, I had no trouble finding it. One thing, it says the handbag is discounted by 30%, but it is part of a Sale you are running that is described as up to 20% off. (If you are like me, you probably used an old sales template, and forgot to change the 20% to 30%.) You might want to correct that....no big deal, but I thought I'd mention it.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply