cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Freight Forward Scammer Buyer

Greetings All:

A buyer has purchased an item, & has listed for his address a Freight Forward Service that has been mentioned here in an older discussion as one favored by a scam buyers "who use the trick of freight forwarding an item and then claiming they did not get it then open a claim on paypal bypassing ebay." Here is the link to the discussion: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Totaltranslogistics-LLC-Freight-Forwarding-Se...

The name used in the shipping address, EHRFCX QiuJu Gao. The email address is a series of nine numbers, followed by @qq.com.

Should I ship the item or cancel this sale as Ebay seller protection protocol of delivery notification will be of no help?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I’ve never had a problem with a freight forwarder. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I would check your listing. And check the paypal transaction, it should be the same address. Maybe you have gsp or global shipping enabled. They use WEIRD addresses, but, I never have issues with those few ff buyers. They are usually unable to find that thingimajiggy where they live and leave the nicest feedback.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@164nc wrote:

Greetings All:

A buyer has purchased an item, & has listed for his address a Freight Forward Service that has been mentioned here in an older discussion as one favored by a scam buyers "who use the trick of freight forwarding an item and then claiming they did not get it then open a claim on paypal bypassing ebay." Here is the link to the discussion: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Totaltranslogistics-LLC-Freight-Forwarding-Se...

The name used in the shipping address, EHRFCX QiuJu Gao. The email address is a series of nine numbers, followed by @qq.com.

Should I ship the item or cancel this sale as Ebay seller protection protocol of delivery notification will be of no help?

@164nc  You are covered with seller protection for INR (item not received) on both eBay and PayPal as long as you ship to the PayPal designated address.  

Freight forwarders have thousands and thousands of users and there are bound to be some underhanded scammers using the service, just as some scammers use eBay.  The majority of freight forwarded sales go off without a hitch.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@164nc

If it was $1000 computer or phone, I might be a little worried, but I don't think you'll have any problem with that $10 necklace and earring set.

I've shipped items to freight forwarders and haven't had any problems with the transaction.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

If it's reshipped it's ineligible for buyer protection.

All you need to do is proove delivery to the reshipper.  

Not covered

• Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options)
  • Items damaged during local pickup
  • Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer
  • Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
  • Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
  • Items shipped to another address after original delivery
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Ship it
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@annasunicorns wrote:
I would check your listing. And check the paypal transaction, it should be the same address. Maybe you have gsp or global shipping enabled. They use WEIRD addresses, but, I never have issues with those few ff buyers. They are usually unable to find that thingimajiggy where they live and leave the nicest feedback.

I have never received any feedback from the half dozen or so **bleep** buyers I have had even though I have left positive reviews for them all. But then again, no news can be coonsidered good news for an Ebay seller.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@164nc wrote:

@annasunicorns wrote:

I have never received any feedback from the half dozen or so **bleep** buyers I have had even though I have left positive reviews for them all. But then again, no news can be coonsidered good news for an Ebay seller.

Why the abreviation for Freight Forward Shipping buyer was "bleeped" I have no idea.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@164nc

If it was $1000 computer or phone, I might be a little worried, but I don't think you'll have any problem with that $10 necklace and earring set.

I've shipped items to freight forwarders and haven't had any problems with the transaction.

For sure, were it an expensive item buyer would be notified of item's loss in the flooding.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Well, if it’s the acronym I’m thinking of, the first word is “for” and the last work is “sake”. You can figure out the second word. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

Well, if it’s the acronym I’m thinking of, the first word is “for” and the last work is “sake”. You can figure out the second word. 

Acronym's correct, words were Freight Forwarding Shipping.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Off in Monday morning mail be they scammer or not.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@164nc wrote:

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

Acronym's correct, words were Freight Forwarding Shipping.

Yes, but if you put the acronym for Freight Forwarding Shipping, the bleep bots read it as an acronym for something else. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@fab_finds4u

That's a useful overview.

I would like to add a few points.

Not covered

• Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (

Even in cases of Buyer Remorse, the seller is entitled to demand the item be returned.

Ignoring who pays for the Return Shipping.

But that means the overseas buyer has to return the item with international tracking within the Dispute deadline.

If the seller is required to send a Return Shipping Label it only has to go to the freight forwarder's address.

A cheap domestic shipping RSL.

And the buyer has to return it to the forwarder hoping that that busy company will get it promptly, match it with the RSL, and send it off to the seller before the deadline. Without being paid to do so. 

Which is another reason why No Returns is a bad policy.  But even with a No Returns policy, the seller can still demand the item be returned before refunding.

Which isn't going to happen.

And in any case:

• Items shipped to another address after original delivery

Buyers who use freight forwarders have almost no rights under the Money Back Guarantee.

OTOH- It may be possible to make a Defect-free cancellation using 'problem with address'.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply