cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Office rates

Just paid 4.26 to ship a 3 ounce package from Washington State to Florida.  Not Ebay's fault; postal rates have gone crazy, and then we wonder why sales go down.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Post Office rates

For the "smalls" you are selling the only way you are going to improve sales is to start selling in "lots". Your ship cost alone is more than the value of the postcard or pin you have listed. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Post Office rates

@fallgold4031 

The main reason for the rise in services prices (especially postal costs) is the rise in oil prices.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Post Office rates

How long would it have taken and how much would it have cost you to drive it from Washington State to Florida yourself?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Post Office rates

@fallgold4031 wrote:

Just paid 4.26 to ship a 3 ounce package from Washington State to Florida.  Not Ebay's fault; postal rates have gone crazy, and then we wonder why sales go down.  

Yes - the postal prices are nutz for 1st class on single orders.  Multiple orders makes it tolerable, but only for lightweight items!  🙃

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Post Office rates

Yes Shipping Costs Are Not Helping Matters, Especially On Large Or Heavy Items It's Insane!, You Should Start Making More Bundled Items It Helps A Little!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Post Office rates

Think about what you're getting for only $4.26.  Washington to Florida?  That's cheap!! And you don't even have to pay for it if you're doing things right.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Post Office rates

In case you haven't noticed....EVERYTHING has gone up. 
Well, with the exception of anything I'm trying to sell....
Try the LOT idea, or at least more than one.  Do some math, figure out the best way.
I can sell a bolt for $10.  Expenses (fees/shipping/etc) will run $5.00 (I make $5/bolt).
I can sell two bolts for $18. Expenses will run $6.00 (I make $6.00/bolt)
I can continue...it might get better, it might get worse.  
Just have to figure it out on your own.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Post Office rates

I have to agree. That's cheap considering all of the handling that package gets.

Of course my perspective is a bit skewed. We don't have a small package rate within Canada so a 3 oz package would cost at least $16 to send to a city an hour away.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply