cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible hack from this forum, deleted listings

Last week, 14 of my top listings were ended mysteriously.  Ebay tech support is still on the case, but didn't see any different IP addresses.  Week goes by, I check my 3rd party authorization, to change something, and I see "ebay community" has access. I google that, and the this forum comes up, no idea what that is exactly.  Didn't know the ebay community can have access to your account.  So, possibly hackers going on here??

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The eBay Community permission is probably just for the "log me in automatically to the community" setting, it does not provide any access to your listing activities. The main eBay site and the Community boards have a different log-in (same password).

Do you have an example of one of these ended listings?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I am so sorry this is happening to you.  If you could give us more details maybe we can collectively figure out the mystery.

If you think you were hacked, the first thing you should do it go and change your password ASAP.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Did the dropped listings show up on your Unsold List?
If so, what happens when you relist from there?

What happens if from there you use Sell Similar?

What happens if from there you make some changes to the title or pictures etc and relist?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I relisted all 14, some had 200 orders, none were unsold. Plus all listings are set to good til cancelled. 

I've never seen ebay community in the 3rd party verification section.  Gonna have to blame it on North Korea or the boogeyman unless they find something.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@western-supply 

You haven't given us more details so that we can try to help.  Did you get an email from Ebay when the listings were closed?  What were the listing for?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

So you really believe that members on the Community forums can randomly hack into accounts? 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The theory is not actual members, but the possibility of hackers getting in to an account thru here. Anyone who has some sort of computer experience like that can chime in hopefully.  I'm up to 30 of my top products ended, some going back to 2019.  Changed my log in to 2 step today, still lost another 4 listings. One had over 200 sales, and of course reviews.  4 or 5 ebay calls, still no resolution. Thanks

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

They get relisted of course, but you lose the reviews the past sales Etc

Message 9 of 9
latest reply