cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Updates

Of course the chat locked before I could reply.

First Heidi said there were so many policy updates they couldn't make an announcement for each one.

I suggested a bi-monthly or monthly update.

Then she said updates don't happen frequently.

So which is it? If the truth is that eBay doesn't want us to know what policy changed and when then they should just say that. But the conflicting answers about why they can't notify users of policy changes is not helping. 😞

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Weekly-Community-Chat-May-10th-1pm-PT-Gene...

Just venting my frustrations.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Policy Updates

Of course the chat locked before I could reply.

Of course they did.  It will be days or weeks before most users are even aware there WAS an update.

So which is it?

I saw the exchange you're mentioning... I think the operative word there was "major" policy changes. 

What does that mean (how does eBay define "major")?  I have no idea.  FWIW, to me, a "major" policy change is any change that I could get a policy violation for - most of which eBay considers "minor". 

Myself, I learn of most policy changes via researching answers for other users... I know the policy (or thought I did), only to go to the page and find the policy has changed since I last read the page. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Policy Updates

"First Heidi said there were so many policy updates they couldn't make an announcement for each one."

Maybe Heidi and company could just post an announcement as to which policies they're going to SELECTIVELY enforce!!

Oh.  I see what I did there.........

Message 3 of 3
latest reply