cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me understand the outrageous seller shipping costs

Hi, I understand that I am asking this on the .com forum, and it's because we need your help.  On the .ca site, there's been an ongoing issue for the last several weeks where our buyers from outside of Canada are not able to see the shipping costs of our items prior to either adding an item to their cart or commiting to purchasing.  

Needless to say, this has led to much confusion, many many shipping inquiries, and a massive loss of sales for us because a large number of our items are put up as auctions, so a potential buyer isn't able to add to their cart even if they wished to.  

We're asking for some help from our American friends to the south of us.  Could you please search for the following two item numbers, and let us know what you see under the shipping sections?  Screenshots would be very helpful.  The shipping sections have been modified for both, and I guess the most pressing question is whether or not shipping is calculating to your location when you're on a mobile device.  

The item numbers are:

The first listing, are you seeing both an error message, as well as the shipping costs displayed?  What about the second item?  

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.  Something on the back-end has stopped functioning, after many years of it working properly.  If you browsee our other items, you will see what we mean about the shipping costs not displaying.  

Thanks in advance, and have a great day! 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

shipping:
C $8.78 (approx. US $6.97) Canada Post Small Packets - USA - Air | See details
See details about international shipping here.  help icon for Shipping - opens a layer

Item location:
Toronto, ON, Canada

Ships to:
Worldwide See exclusions
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Thank you. But which item number are you seeing that info displayed under? The first one, second one, or both? Thanks!
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

OK - for both listings I see this on the main screen.  SH1.jpg 

But I see something different on the Payments and Shipping tab. 

I see this for the bangle. 

SH3.jpg

I see this for the ring.

SH2.jpg

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@bassox333wrote:
Thank you. But which item number are you seeing that info displayed under? The first one, second one, or both? Thanks!

Mine was the second.

I believe the next poster is showing the first.

I did not do a screen shot because I was afraid ebay would consider it naming and shaming. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Thank you both, it's what I feared.  One last question, if you look at any of our other non modified listings (browse other items) is the shipping calculating for you at all?  Thanks again !

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Item Number 222579217341 show on front page as $6.97 shipping but when I click on the item it shows shipping cost as C29.99 Aprox US $23.80. Hope this helps

As Grandpa always said. If you want to open a small business, just open a large one and wait awhile!!!!
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

My screenshots were taken from my PC, not from a mobile.  Sorry if they aren't useful as a result but you can see - that there is a problem on a PC too - the Payments/Shipping screen is not showing the s/h charge for the bangle, although it's okay for the ring.  So something is wrong on that listing for sure.

I didn't give you a full screenshot for the reason emerald was reluctant to post a screen shot - I showed you a screenshot of only the areas you asked about and excluded info about the listings themselves.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

That's the price of the item, not the shipping costs. Thanks though! What about the shipping field withing the listing, does it display there? Thanks everyone!
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I understand. And appreciate it. It's very encouraging however that the shipping is calculating nonetheless however, despite the error message, as you can see underneath it.

All of our listings were calculating flawlessly until recently, and not most will not calculate at all. It's going to be a long night I think.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I'm sorry I went back and looked and Shipping Showed C8.78 US $6.97.  I had put selling price above. 

Truley sorry!!

As Grandpa always said. If you want to open a small business, just open a large one and wait awhile!!!!
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your help so far.  

Could someone please tell us what you see when you check the following item number, and this will be our final question

Thanks in advance!  You've been very helpful! 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Condition:
Used

The earrings have been worn a few times before. There is minor scuffing to the rhodium finish but

... Read more

Quantity:
More than 10 available 13 sold / See feedback

Price:
C $25.64
Approximately US $20.35

Payments:

Returns:
30 days returns, buyer pays return shippingSee details
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I do not see any reference to shipping charges.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Alright, so the shipping costs are not displaying.

Thanks so much everyone for your help, much appreciated. We have a plan moving forward. Have a great afternoon everyone!

-D
Message 15 of 18
latest reply