cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Combination Tool

This is probably a stupid question, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the tool I've used to combine two pictures into one.  Shipscript recommended this and I've used it many, many times.  I recently had to get a new computer and everything was pretty much wiped and the name of this tool and its bookmark are no longer in my memory.  Anyone know what I"m talking about?  Something like Zippy Stich or something like that.  I'm having one heck of a time trying to get used to Win10 plus the fact that not many of my pictures transferred over.  So I'm having to redo all of those too.   And now my TL program is acting up!!  Woe is me!!  LOL!!  Any help is appreciated.  TIA!! 

Jeanette

Photobucket

Ooh La La Princess Boutique

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Photo Combination Tool

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I combine pictures all the time using basic Windows paint.

I open both pictures, expand the border on one of them to show a large amount of white space, then copy and paste the 2nd picture into the first, then save as is, or under a new name.

No fancy programs needed.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

Yep - me too.  Free with MS Windows so on nearly every computer on earth.  LOVE it.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

I use IrfanView

it's free

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

@shipscript

Can you help this user out?

@jeanetteski2 wrote:

This is probably a stupid question, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the tool I've used to combine two pictures into one.  Shipscript recommended this and I've used it many, many times.  I recently had to get a new computer and everything was pretty much wiped and the name of this tool and its bookmark are no longer in my memory.  Anyone know what I"m talking about?  Something like Zippy Stich or something like that.  I'm having one heck of a time trying to get used to Win10 plus the fact that not many of my pictures transferred over.  So I'm having to redo all of those too.   And now my TL program is acting up!!  Woe is me!!  LOL!!  Any help is appreciated.  TIA!! 

Jeanette

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

@jeanetteski2  As another poster mentioned, Paint is a great program for combining, editing, etc. I use it all the time ... as a matter of fact, just combined these two pics as an example... pretty cool to be honest.  Paint or Paintbrush has been around for a long long time and many people underestimate's its potential.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

I use Pixlr Express: https://pixlr.com/express/

And Pixlr Photo Editor: https://pixlr.com/editor/

Both are very easy.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

OMGOSH!  It actually was Zippy Stitch!!  I had tried to google it before and it was not coming up.  I tried it again and found it.  Thanks to all who tried to help me out.  I appreciate your efforts!! 

Jeanette

Photobucket

Ooh La La Princess Boutique

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

@richard1rst

@richard1rst wrote:

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I combine pictures all the time using basic Windows paint.

I open both pictures, expand the border on one of them to show a large amount of white space, then copy and paste the 2nd picture into the first, then save as is, or under a new name.

No fancy programs needed. 

Nice to know others use Paint, its been around for ever and once you learn how to use it it is a great tool for many applications including editing pics.

Back in the dark ages when I got a computer with Paint on it I started to play around with it to learn its limits ... here's just one picture with two versions I created back then and have copied to every new system I get ... these are over 17 years old ... same house different seasons.

House1-1.JPGHouse2-1.JPG

Regards,
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

@mr_lincoln Mr. Lincoln, I am familar with paint and use it to edit, but have never used it to combine photos.  Can you please explain how you did this?

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

@klassic*kids

@klassic*kids wrote:

@mr_lincoln Mr. Lincoln, I am familar with paint and use it to edit, but have never used it to combine photos.  Can you please explain how you did this?

Sure, would be more than happy to help plus give you some other tips - let me prepare a few pics for you and get back to you.

Regards,
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

Thanks.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

@klassic*kids  Okay, lets see how well the written description and sequencial pics help to explain and illustrate how to do this.  Not sure how many pics they will let me upload but we'll do the written protion first then add pics ...

1. Open Paint
  2. On the File menu go to Open and find your first picture and open it
  3. Next, if its big click the magnifying glass on Paint Toolbar and move into the image … a left click enlarges and a right click reduces the image (does NOT change the actual size, only allows you to see more while working on the pic).
  4. On the boarder on the right side and lower right corner and bottom side are little square grip points … use the one on the lower right hand corner, click and hold on it pulling the pic area larger to at least twice the size and release. Then click Save (you can rename it as Test or something to start this and as jpeg or jpg, they give different format options- screen shots usually save as png format but they work in Paint too).
  5. Next, go back to File menu and Open and find the next pic and open it … do the same but just make the pic a little larger. Then up on the tool bar is a block called Image and the word Select with a dotted square above it, click that the go to the lower right hand corner of the image (not the entire pic just the image itself. Right Click and hold pulling up to the opposite corner (upper left) then release … immediately go up to the tool bar to the left of the Image block and find the word Copy and click that. You have now put the image on the clip board. Close that pic (you can choose don’t save so the original does not change).
  6. Next, back to the File menu and open the previous “Test” pic, it should be the 2nd one down on the little list (or you can go back to the file you saved it to) … use the magnifying glass to reduce its size then click Paste … the new image will be put in the pic over the old image BUT with a dotted outline, move the cursor inside the dotted area, so a cross with arrows appears on your cursor, left click and hold then drag the new image to the right of the old one … once it is where you want it release the click button and move the cursor outside the pic area and click anywhere to complete the release, the image will now be placed. You can then use the grip points on the boarder and move the side and bottom in to the desired size.

You can save as is, you can use the magnifying glass and increase the size AND if you go to the File Menu and down to Properties and click that a little window will open showing you the X by Y image count for the size.

Screenshot (807).pngScreenshot (808).pngScreenshot (809).pngScreenshot (810).pngScreenshot (811).pngScreenshot (814).pngScreenshot (819).pngScreenshot (820).pngScreenshot (821).png

Regards,
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

Thanks so much @mr_lincoln for all the time and energy you put into this tutorial.  I read it all and am going to save this post.  Tomorrow I will spend a little time tinkering around on it.   Best, Deana

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Photo Combination Tool

@mr_lincoln

That was really helpful, thank you very much, I always wondered how that was done!!

Message 15 of 22
latest reply