cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal FEE REVERSAL Fee?...Seriously?!

So I had a "Local Pick-up Only" Item listed for $25.00. Someone buys it and sends me an email telling me(not asking), to pack the item in a 3ft box(Its a 4 ft tall item), take it to UPS and ship it to their daughter in Las Vegas(they offered to pay). I tell them its a Local Pick-Up item and if they want it shipped it would be their responsibility - I get a "Cancel the Sale" request back. Sale is canceled, money is refunded, all is well. I look at my PayPal account today and see I WAS CHARGED .77 cents for a "PayPal Fee Reversal"... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! So what do we need to do, start charging buyers a fee to cancel a paid item sale? Great...another way to alienate buyers.

ebay and PayPal act as though they are so worried about losing buyers - But what are ebay and PayPal doing to garner customer happiness? From what I see, they make sellers jump through "Firey Hoops" to combat minor and meaningless nuances, while not paying attention to many important things that are seriously off the track - They create a negative "us vs. them" venue - They create an ever-widening disparage between fairness in visibility and then turn around and increase fees - They come up with underhanded tactics to pilfer from sellers pockets - They steer buyers to items THEY want buyers to buy - They create a search that is so ridiculously unpredictable(leave out a word on some and you get 0 results, but match one word in others and get 2500 results(most being Asian)) - they throw fees like this "FEE REVERSAL" FEE(Is that even legal) back on the seller so we have to be the "bad guy" - and they back it all up by not backing up their sellers who are on the front line everyday(And this is to name only a few of the many).

These fees alienate buyers because eventually they are the ones who end up paying - ebay and PayPal set it up so the buyers blame sellers who try to recoup these riduculous and egregious pilferings. Its like the "Wait until Daddy comes home" scenario. The gall of these corporations is unbelievable and ever visible.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

PS...I started ranting and forgot my question as I do actually have one(sorry):

I have read about this fee previously, but I always saw people writing that they kept the .30 cent transaction fee only, so why did I get charged .77 cents on this $25 fee reversal? - Does anyone know the policy or breakdown of how it is figured? Thanks in advance for any info.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I don't think you WERE charged.........you're reading it wrong.

When you refunded the $25.00 it would show as PP refunded .77 and YOU refunded the balance, as the .77 was the % fees PP charged in the first place.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:

When you refunded the $25.00 it would show as PP refunded .77 and YOU refunded the balance, as the .77 was the % fees PP charged in the first place.

Oh My Lanta...You are so correct - I apologize for the misleading post and take back everything I said(well some things). Wow do I feel like a heel now...

Listen, I reaaly appreciate the help and my only other question would be can I delete my own post???

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Why delete it? it may help someone else in the future = )

You can hit the 3 grey dots and report your post and ask the mods to lock it if you prefer.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:

Why delete it? it may help someone else in the future = )

You can hit the 3 grey dots and report your post and ask the mods to lock it if you prefer.

Well that's true - You have been VERY helpful today and I appreciate it - I try to have a spiritual(Christian) outlook on things and maintian an easy going attitude, but some  things that happen around here frustrate me and that fiscal entry that appeared like a fee really set me off - Sorry for the drama and thanks again for your help ~ GOD BLESS ~

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:

PSS...To anyone seeking information on this topic, I am happy to report that I was actually not charged any fee whatsoever. Now I dont know if that is only because the buyer asked to cancel the sale or that there are no fees that you incurr regardless on any canceled sale - Possible some well informed poster might be able to shed light on that - *hint hint*

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Also remember, for local pick up, cash only. Just did one this weekend. Got cash. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@slati_2013 wrote:

Also remember, for local pick up, cash only. Just did one this weekend. Got cash. 

Yes! - I state cash preferred in my listing, only because, from what I can see, there is no way to list the item if you dont have a payment method stated and the drop down box gives PayPal as the only option...Is there a way around that? 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Nope, BUT (and you may have to hold PayPal's feet to the fire on this one) PayPal supposedly offers NO buyer (or seller) protection on local pick up.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

In the description part of the listing, say "Cash only on pickup" or "Contact me for payment methods on pickup". https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

• Payment upon pickup

If you offer payment upon pickup, you'll also need to offer one of the approved electronic methods, and may include this statement in your listing: "Contact me for payment methods to pay on pickup."

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@chillpill1706-0 wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:

Oh My Lanta...You are so correct - I apologize for the misleading post and take back everything I said(well some things). Wow do I feel like a heel now...

Listen, I reaaly appreciate the help and my only other question would be can I delete my own post???

Well I'm so happy this has gotten straighten out...nice to have a good ending...love the helpers too...now I'm going to have a smile on my face all evening...something good just happened...!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

How I did it was list it as local pick up only. Yes eBay does not give you the option for payment other than PayPal but in the instructions, I made it clear "cash only" even though PayPal showed. The guy decided he wanted to come take a look at the items. When he did he made me offer and I accepted it. He gave me cash.

Later that evening as we both agreed upon, he made an offer for the amount he paid me in cash on eBay. I accepted the offer and eBay marked it as sold. I then went to the item's page and marked it as "Payment received". I was a bit concerned that having no tracking might get me a defect but the eBay CS people told me it should not and if I got a defect to call and it would be removed. 

So basically you get cash from the buyer, the buyer then clicks either the BIN button or makes an offer for the price he bought it and eBay will mark it as sold. You then go to the page and mark it as "Payment received" and that is it. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@chillpill1706-0 wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:

so you made one little mistake. ebay has made millions of mistakes.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

is there a policy that says every item sold on ebay must have a tracking number?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply