cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment dispute issue

Have a question for y'all. I'm a top rated seller with and eBay store and have been put in a situation. Had a buyer buy an item. Then as soon as it arrived to them. They contacted myself about damages. They sent pics couldn't see any damages. Offers to replace free of charge. They didn't want that but wanted a partial refund instead. To skip confrontation I agreed. And submitted a partial refund for x.oo of money. Then 56 days later the write and say they have another issue. With a separate part of the item. Mind you this item is new. Then contacts their payment institute and files a payment dispute. After challenging the dispute with plenty of evidence to show purchase and item condition , and communication between. It was awarded to the buyer. Then I file a appeal to only be denied almost instantly. And have to refund the entire amount after already issuing a partial refund in March.  Any ideas on how to handle this. eBay support is not being any help. And the seller protection seem to not apply.  Feel like eBay just abandoned me and am getting taken advantage of from the seller. I don't know what to do. Thanks for any info.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Payment dispute issue

Yup you got scammed.  Never do the partial refund.  Always demand the return before any kind of refund.  Send the label if you have to unless its a buyer pays for returns scenario.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Payment dispute issue

WE TREAT all partial refund requests from buyer with a FIRM send it back for a full refund. This scammer got you twice first getting a reduction in price then scamming you for the whole item. Never allow partial refunds on here.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Payment dispute issue

Right, send them a free label so they do not argue fight start bogus cases over that as well.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Payment dispute issue

If they are die hard scammers after you deny the partial and tell them to send back the item they can still run to a credit card and dispute. But, if you have shown a good faith effort to have then return the item for free by also giving them a return shipping label you may have a better case to win a chargeback as well. So as I said, Never give in to a partial refund case on here, 99 percent of that is scam territory.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Payment dispute issue

Sorry, but some lessons are learned the hard way.  From the beginning, your response should have been that you would refund in total upon receipt of the returned item.  And stick to that.  To the best of my knowledge, eBay does not require  that a buyer be refunded unless/until the item is returned (unless the seller himself chooses to refund without receiving the item back).  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Payment dispute issue

I knew you would lose a chargeback case BUT i would think that if you could explain/show the persons credit card company that they already received a partial refund that they would deduct that amount from the chargeback.

You would think that even a ruthless credit card company would agree that the buyer does not deserve a partial refund AND then a full refund.

I would pursue this matter.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 7
latest reply