cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment dispute and global shipping program?

Really odd situation. 

A buyer purchased a pair of sunglasses for about $130 via the Global Shipping Program. (In CZECH)

I live in the USA. 

As soon as they were delivered, they opened a payment (nothing on Ebay) under “item not as described”

In the details, they have uploaded no photos and only message they left is 

“Can provide photo if needed”

Now I even messaged the person on Ebay asking if perhaps it arrived damaged? No reply. 

I spoke to Ebay and they said I had to provide a picture of the item and a rebuttal (which is simply the picture showing the item’s condition before shipping)

I even asked Ebay about Global Shipping Program and seller protections, if the item is damaged after leaving the GSP they reimburse the buyer. 

However, they are saying I have to rebuttal (which I did). From there, if the case is lost they said I can only appeal. 

I spoke to facebook Ebay and they kind of said when a dispute is on the GSP protection no longer is applied. 

Has anyone had this situation before? Sadly the buyer isn’t providing much information nor a photo. 

What if the GSP sent a wrong item or it arrived damaged?

If its a dispute the entire GSP benefits go out the window and the seller is responsible?

I do wish the buyer opened a case via so some assistance could of been provided. (Although perhaps there is a language barrier or something?)

Anyways, anyone had a payment dispute on an item sold via GSP like this?

especially if the buyer is providing no information or photos?

see below for buyer’s “description”

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

05462D8E-FA88-4A71-85CB-DF483B21CF41.png

 literally the buyer no photos nor said what the issue is. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Not sure if any Ebay reps can chime in. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What do you mean "sold via GSP"? Did you sell the item on eBay? GSP is a means of shipping. Has buyer opened any kind of case or return in eBay or just asked for a refund by message? Not enough to go on here to answer your questions. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The item was sold on eBay, yes. The shipping method was the global shipping program, which is where you ship the item to eBay’s warehouse in Kentucky.  

as soon as the item was delivered, the buyer opened a payment dispute. They did not open any cases or claims on eBay.

edit invite delivered I mean delivered to them in the foreign country

they also have provided zero communication and no photos to screenshot in. My second post is all they are provided.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

So they opened a dispute with their credit card company, nothing in eBay. Hard to know how to respond to a general dispute without knowing what the dispute is! Damaged? Not as described? "Empty Box"? Wrong color? Good luck. Ebay will probably be no help. Do try to file a claim with GSP and see what happens. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Exactly. It’s really odd that’s why I was curious if anyone has had a similar situation. 

It’s actually the only reason why I ship internationally through global shipping program. Was due to the protection. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

There could be one of a couple of situations that is taking place. This type of thing happens with both the GSP and freight forwarders. First this could very well be a scammer which is why they went directly to their CC company and opened a chargeback rather than an eBay case. This could also be a customer with a valid claim but the lack of communication is disconcerting. Following is the eBay policy with regards to seller chargeback protection but it is virtually useless when it comes to the actual chargeback decision. That decision rests solely with the CC company. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections/payment-dispute-seller-protect... 

Since you rebutted the chargeback there will probably be an additional fee charged by the CC company for handling the claim and since it is a NAD chargeback it is highly probable that you will loose since eBay's policy means nothing to the CC company and the CC company is required to follow the federal laws that they must operate under. 

That being said if you loose the chargeback initiate the appeal. This decision is back under eBay's purview and the seller protection policy should come into play. Make sure you include the fact that the item went through the eBay GSP when you initiate the appeal. Prior to submitting the appeal it may be a good idea to do a follow up Facebook connection with eBay to make sure you have included everything you need in the appeal. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Very helpful thank you

Message 9 of 9
latest reply